• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight in the Diner: Tales from the Road

Started by WeinerInHand, November 22, 2018, 01:04:20 PM

WeinerInHand

Well alright, too much of a pecking order at the other place and I only went there to post in my thread and contribute to Bart's Charity of the Month.
Here's to starting over!

Lilith

Quote from: WeinerInHand on November 22, 2018, 01:04:20 PM
Well alright, too much of a pecking order at the other place and I only went there to post in my thread and contribute to Bart's Charity of the Month.
Here's to starting over!

You can upload audios of your travels to zippyshare and post them here if you want to with your photos Weiner.  I would LOVE that!!

WELCOME HOME!!

WeinerInHand

Thanks Brig!

I don't know how far I'll take it yet but it just seemed silly to keep posting at the other place when only one or two people seemed to be interested.
Getting smote when I contributed to Bart's Charity of the Month was the final straw - something about it just rubbed me the wrong way.
Bellgab will now receive that monthly contribution and I hope that whoever that asshole was is reading this and they give themselves a big ol' pat on the back.
I DO think that I may start another thread to watch and comment on YouTube videos like we used to do because I really enjoyed doing those.

Lilith

Quote from: WeinerInHand on November 22, 2018, 05:52:40 PM
Thanks Brig!

I don't know how far I'll take it yet but it just seemed silly to keep posting at the other place when only one or two people seemed to be interested.
Getting smote when I contributed to Bart's Charity of the Month was the final straw - something about it just rubbed me the wrong way.
Bellgab will now receive that monthly contribution and I hope that whoever that asshole was is reading this and they give themselves a big ol' pat on the back.
I DO think that I may start another thread to watch and comment on YouTube videos like we used to do because I really enjoyed doing those.

Sounds like a plan :D

WeinerInHand

A few pics for those unfamiliar with my goal for this thread:

Cave driving in KC:

Relaxing in Florida:

Squeezing through Pittsburgh:

...and a bit of mountain climbing:

I drive a truck and I share my experiences here: others chime in with theirs and it turns out to be an interesting mix of persons and places.

WeinerInHand

When home, I enjoy building things

Or a relaxing fire

In winter, I'll take the snowmobile out

WeinerInHand

I also enjoy being a father - why, I'll never forget teaching them how to swim

Or animal husbandry

Or to learn from the wisdom of elders

WeinerInHand

I've never forgotten the importance of God

Or the benefit of a good meal

Or helping out with the neighbors kids

WeinerInHand

When driving, I like to take the scenic route

Find new ways to old places

And experiment with the tools on hand

WeinerInHand

The best advice I can give to new drivers is to be cautious

Because patience matters

And be mindful of your surroundings

WOTR

I have not really kept up on the drama- I really don't know what happened with you.  It seems like anytime I look over there, more people have smote me.  I'm heading for negative karma- and I will consider that a positive at this point.

Every now and then, something there catches my eye and I post.  But generally, I'm happy reading here.  Whatever it was, good to see you around.

*What is it that you drive.  I can only see a red hood- and I can tell it is not a real truck- it does not have the squared nose of a classic Pete.  :P

**To be fair, I logged in and my karma is on an upswing.  Who knows why, anymore...

WeinerInHand

Quote from: WOTR on November 23, 2018, 05:16:15 AM
I have not really kept up on the drama- I really don't know what happened with you.  It seems like anytime I look over there, more people have smote me.  I'm heading for negative karma- and I will consider that a positive at this point.

Every now and then, something there catches my eye and I post.  But generally, I'm happy reading here.  Whatever it was, good to see you around.

*What is it that you drive.  I can only see a red hood- and I can tell it is not a real truck- it does not have the squared nose of a classic Pete.  :P

**To be fair, I logged in and my karma is on an upswing.  Who knows why, anymore...

There really was no drama, and Bart has always been decent to me. I'm just not in to Heather or Dave and that's pretty much the only conversation going on over there. There were only two or three people that would interact with my thread and I knew that a lot of people who have been banned would add more to the conversation, so logic dictated that I should start it up over here.

The karma thing has always irritated me and I am glad that I will not have to see it anymore. Also, to smite someone for contributing to a charity is lowbrow, petty bullshit and I'll have nothing to do with it.

Hahaha - a long nose is for showing off and a short nose is for work! It's all fine and dandy in the midwest but those streets in Jersey ain't truck driver friendly and I'll take any advantage I can get!

Tootsie

Quote from: WeinerInHand on November 23, 2018, 06:11:20 AM
There really was no drama, and Bart has always been decent to me. I'm just not in to Heather or Dave and that's pretty much the only conversation going on over there. There were only two or three people that would interact with my thread and I knew that a lot of people who have been banned would add more to the conversation, so logic dictated that I should start it up over here.

The karma thing has always irritated me and I am glad that I will not have to see it anymore. Also, to smite someone for contributing to a charity is lowbrow, petty bullshit and I'll have nothing to do with it.

Hahaha - a long nose is for showing off and a short nose is for work! It's all fine and dandy in the midwest but those streets in Jersey ain't truck driver friendly and I'll take any advantage I can get!

Hey Hey Weiner, I found you  :)

;)

Lilith

Quote from: WeinerInHand on November 23, 2018, 03:06:25 AM

Or to learn from the wisdom of elders

One of my favorite gif's EVER!  That's a keeper!

WOTR

I used to work on them.  We had some trucks (I know you have seen them) with visors that extend 1/2 way down the windshield.  Then they took the air ride out of the seat in order to sit on the floor and put an extension on the shifter.  I recall wondering how you see any car in traffic unless it is 200 feet in front of you- and I'm over 6'.

*Also, the cabs are narrow and not nearly as comfortable / spacious.  But they sure can look pretty when you dump $50,000 into chrome, lighting, modifications and custom paint...  ;)

WOTR

Never have had any interaction with Bart- so I cannot really judge him either.  As for the karma thing- I believe that it is possible that it was a mistake.  Perhaps TW or another poster thought "smite" was just a shorted word, and wanted to demonstrate that she was "smitten" with you?  ;)  You know- there are two options-praise or love/infatuation?

Metron2267

This will always be your home Weiner, post pics, post often, and post on whatever catches your fancy, even "cats"...lolol...

;)

How anyone can smite a man for charity is well...effing Ellgab bullshit!

>:(

Metron2267

Quote from: Tootsie Wootsy on November 23, 2018, 07:02:21 AM
Hey Hey Weiner, I found you  :)

;)

Stick around and share your road tales Tootsie, all are welcome. ;D

Metron2267

"I got this White doing 70 miles and hour she's loaded, she's down to the ground..."

WeinerInHand

Quote from: WOTR on November 23, 2018, 12:01:18 PM
  I recall wondering how you see any car in traffic unless it is 200 feet in front of you- and I'm over 6'.

*Also, the cabs are narrow and not nearly as comfortable / spacious.  But they sure can look pretty when you dump $50,000 into chrome, lighting, modifications and custom paint...  ;)

I'm 5'8 and it's a guessing game everytime that I drive one. I'll take the short nose, please!
Yeah, you can make them pretty but that's a whole lot to worry about. I'm too simple to fit the style.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Metron2267 on November 23, 2018, 02:08:50 PM
How anyone can smite a man for charity is well...effing Ellgab bullshit!

>:(

Yeah, I don't know what to say about it other than I wish them the best. I'll post here.

Metron2267

Quote from: WeinerInHand on November 23, 2018, 05:04:46 PM
I'm 5'8 and it's a guessing game everytime that I drive one. I'll take the short nose, please!
Yeah, you can make them pretty but that's a whole lot to worry about. I'm too simple to fit the style.

Dream ride?

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Metron2267 on November 23, 2018, 02:24:02 PM
"I got this White doing 70 miles and hour she's loaded, she's down to the ground..."

Keep that weight low!

Metron2267

LOLOL!

I saw that and had to exclaim, "IVECO!"

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WeinerInHand on November 23, 2018, 05:04:46 PM

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 23, 2018, 07:07:47 PM

We'll have to stick together as the rest of them will be against us - 5'8 being the perfect height and all...