• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Religious Thoughts

Started by Jackstar, October 27, 2018, 05:11:24 AM

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on October 27, 2018, 05:11:24 AM
[attachment=1,msg1271519]
What specifically was it about the 8 year Obummer nightmare that you found to be "hilarity"?

Take all the screens you need:______________________________

Jackstar

It should be noted--thank God for timestamps--that at the time of creation of this thread, I had no idea that Random Religious Thoughts, would soon shortly be largely replaced by Specific Religious Thoughts.

I mean, seriously--who could have seen that coming?

And so, I have decided to continue the 24 hours of respectful pause I have demonstrated here, for at least another 24 hours. Mostly because, I've got so much material to work through now, and I'm going to need some more time to come up with some gems. I suppose a little decorum is in there somewhere too. Maybe just a little bit.

Meanwhile, I hope some of you can help Metron2267 out with his GoFundMe page. It looks like he's really on to something.

pyewacket

Hey Jackstar, I guess i am one of those guilty of non random religious thoughts. What exactly are you looking for here? I do not have 'religious' thoughts but more based on philosophy. I don't like to use the term 'spiritual' because it has been overused by the new age movement.

Religion has a place in society. It has been influential throughout history, and has had both positive and negative effects. These days some of them are more about globalism and forcing their will on the people- more like in centuries past.

What are your thoughts on this?

Jackstar

Quote from: pyewacket on October 28, 2018, 09:16:54 AM
What exactly are you looking for here?

I simply noticed that we have a "Random Political Thoughts" thread, and I wanted to be inclusive of our diversity.

That's really all it was. I guess I was inspired.

I don't like to use the term 'spiritual' because it has been overused by the new age movement.

I rather consider all the other threads on this forum to be Random Spiritual Thoughts, except for all that shit about gridiron football and Failkie, and so, I thought a similarly titled thread would be redundant.

pyewacket

Fair enough- will you give us some examples to get the thread moving in the right direction?

Jackstar

All of my thoughts are rather specific today. I will certainly return here, when lightning strikes.

Or, if I see a picture of Jesus cradling a dinosaur. I'm a sucker for that one.

Jackstar

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on October 28, 2018, 08:16:21 AM
Meanwhile, I hope some of you can help Metron2267 out with his GoFundMe page. It looks like he's really on to something.

Tnx for that Jack...

https://www.metronaija.ng/nigerian-amputee-football-team-sets-up-gofundme-page-for-mexico-world-cup/

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on October 28, 2018, 09:34:01 AM
All of my thoughts are rather specific today. I will certainly return here, when lightning strikes.

Or, if I see a picture of Jesus cradling a dinosaur. I'm a sucker for that one.

https://www.dailysquib.co.uk/most-popular/1236-scientists-prove-jesus-walked-with-dinosaurs.html
esus and his disciples walked with dinosaurs 2000 years ago and the earth and universe are only 10,000 years old.

Independent scientists funded by the Christian Neocon Church of Kentucky have also discovered that Adam and Eve wore fashionable garments given by God. This goes against the grain of the popular belief that they wore leaves over their genitalia in the garden of Eden.

These are just some of the myriad of facts which have now been discovered to be true by the scientists working in tandem with archeologists all over America.

Dr. MD MD

Hey Jackstar, I guess i am one of those guilty of non random religious thoughts. What exactly are you looking for here? I do not have 'religious' thoughts but more based on philosophy. I don't like to use the term 'spiritual' because it has been overused by the new age movement.

Religion has a place in society. It has been influential throughout history, and has had both positive and negative effects. These days some of them are more about globalism and forcing their will on the people- more like in centuries past.

What are your thoughts on this?

I think it was Leonard Cohen who said religion is for people who fear going to hell; spirituality is for people who’ve been there.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 28, 2018, 12:46:04 PM
I think it was Leonard Cohen who said religion is for people who fear going to hell; spirituality is for people who’ve been there.

pyewacket

This one might be up your alley, Jacks-

Feast of the Circumcision of Christ celebrated January 1st.

Catholics and the Holy Prepuce- During the Middle Ages many claimed to possess this most Holy relic. Pope Leo III was presented with it as a gift from Charlemagne when the pope crowned him Emperor.

Not surprisingly, pia fraus (Pious fraud) lead to more than a dozen of relics presented as the original. The relic disappeared and reappeared over the centuries until 1900, when the Vatican declared that anyone who spoke or wrote about the Holy Prepuce would be excommunicated.

In my case, it's a good thing I left the church in the 1980s or I would face excommunication for this post.

pyewacket

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 28, 2018, 12:46:04 PM

I like it! Cheers, sweetie darling!

pyewacket

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 28, 2018, 01:19:49 PM
Great catch, pyewacket!

;D

Haha- My kids watched that show along with Hey, Dude, Salute Your Shorts, and Are you Afraid of the Dark?

They probably could not make those shows now because it would upset some SJW or NPC.

Metron2267

20 years on and we've regressed into navel gazing NPC ciphers, how sad.

WOTR

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 27, 2018, 11:23:27 AM
What specifically was it about the 8 year Obummer nightmare that you found to be "hilarity"?

Take all the screens you need:______________________________
The fact that even years into a new presidency, you are still triggered...

*Edit: Oops.  Random political thought...

pate

"Dog" is "God" spelt backwards and inKOrektLEE crapitalized!

Jackstar

Quote from: WOTR on October 28, 2018, 02:20:20 PM
even years into a new presidency, you are still triggered...

[attachment=1]