• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Not BartCast

Started by Lilith, October 13, 2018, 07:20:33 AM

Metron2267

Thanks Logan-5.

I think they'd have us both go Carosel before our gems were due.

Lilith

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 13, 2018, 05:14:53 PM
Ya know Brig, methinks they are taking this all way too seriously...

Sad, but predictable...     ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 13, 2018, 04:45:22 PM
In chat yes, just a little proggie teasing and asking if they'd talk about Bellgab ahnd it all oozed out:

Ha!  Color me not surprised.  BelllGab's thrown them into terminal PMS.

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 13, 2018, 05:21:45 PM
Thanks Logan-5.

I think they'd have us both go Carosel before our gems were due.

:D
Probably.  ;)

VC

Shameful that they didn't mention Bellgab was back online. Too much "bad blood" and burnt bridges.

GoT... walk of shame.

pate

Quote from: VC on October 13, 2018, 05:32:28 PM
Shameful that they didn't mention Bellgab was back online. Too much "bad blood" and burnt bridges.

GoT... walk of shame.

You don't mention the "competition" if you are in a popularity contest in general.  It is free advertising for "the other guy."

I think it is one of the following:

1.  BartEll is attempting to recoup his sunk costs of opening up a website, or still in the (red)...

or

2. BartEll has broken even or made a little bit of money at this point in time and believes that there is potential to make more in the future.

there's my $0.02...

Asuka Langley

Quote from: pate on October 13, 2018, 05:43:28 PM
You don't mention the "competition" if you are in a popularity contest in general.  It is free advertising for "the other guy."

1.  BartEll is attempting to recoup his sunk costs of opening up a website, or still in the (red)...

or

2. BartEll has broken even or made a little bit of money at this point in time and believes that there is potential to make more in the future.

there's my $0.02...

I thought Bartell said he would shut ellgab down if bellgab came back? Not that i want ellgab to shut down i would prefer if he kept the NPC containment board running to weed out the users here with no internal dialog.

And for chat rooms just make a Discord all the cool kids are doing it.

Lilith

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on October 13, 2018, 05:52:42 PM

I thought Bartell said he would shut ellgab down if bellgab came back? Not that i want ellgab to shut down i would prefer if he kept the NPC containment board running to weed out the users here with no internal dialog.

Yes, I had commented on remembering Bart say that he would shut Ellgab down, if/when Bellgab went back online, so did someone else,  but like yourself, I hope he keeps Ellgab running.  It might be a good idea for him to change the name tho, and call themselves something other than "gabbers"  if they really want to remove all association with Bellgab IMO.

Discord is way too invasive.
The cool kids may be doing it, but the smart kids aren't.  :o   ;)

Lilith

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on October 13, 2018, 05:59:27 PM

Exactly, agree!!!

Asuka Langley

plz explain to someone who is computer illiterate desu senpai. 

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on October 13, 2018, 06:04:47 PM
plz explain to someone who is computer illiterate desu senpai.
https://discordapp.com/privacy

Edited:

"  No matter where you are located, you consent to the processing and transferring of your information in and to the U.S. and other countries.  "

Why is this necessary ?
Think it's being sold ?

Please don't give me the " They're located in the U.S. " B.S.
"processing and transferring"  is the key phrase.

Plus - we've got this...      http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=11168.msg1266451#msg1266451

And this:     http://www.digitalspy.com/tech/news/a822029/uber-fitbit-discord-other-sites-hit-by-massive-security-breach/

Edit redux:  Plus Javascript is required to interact with the site. Not cool in this day and age. If you can't read code, it's very difficult to understand what's actually running on your system (JS runs client-side - on your machine.) If you can read code,  it is obfuscated.
Oh, and this too...       https://feedback.discordapp.com/forums/326712-discord-dream-land/suggestions/10431165-make-it-open-source

Final edit:   https://discordapp.com/features

When a closed source product is free, you are the product.   ;)

Jackstar

I didn't see "forum split psyop" on your list.

Quote from: brig on October 13, 2018, 05:55:50 PM
Yes, I had commented on remembering Bart say that he would shut Ellgab down, if/when Bellgab went back online, so did someone else

can confirm
source: I saw that, MY SIDES--still hurt

Metron2267

or

there's my $0.02...

Logical, plus BE = Keef.

;D

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 13, 2018, 06:14:32 PM
Logical, plus BE = Keef.

;D

is that why he dont host his own BartCast?

Metron2267

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on October 13, 2018, 06:16:49 PM
is that why he dont host his own BartCast?

You are wise grasshopper, very wise....

starrmtn001

Hey, Logan, good to see you again. ;) ;D

Quote from: VC on October 13, 2018, 05:32:28 PM
Shameful that they didn't mention Bellgab was back online.

Called it.

PonyBoySafeSpace is Heather Wade minus the kind of crazy that would make you want to listen at all.

I thought Bartell said he would shut ellgab down if bellgab came back?

Yup, the meme opportunist will spin it of course. *rubs hands*

WOTR

Quote from: whoozit on October 13, 2018, 03:55:24 PM
Rather funny and Heather like not to say BellGab.
Quote from: brig on October 13, 2018, 03:54:07 PM
Michelle was forbidden to go to "that other place"....

Rather funny and "Art like" to forbid somebody to go to "that other place."

WOTR

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on October 13, 2018, 06:08:15 PM
https://discordapp.com/privacy

Edited:

I was going to sign in for (something BG related... Chefist podcast?)  Then I read the fine print and realized that I will never be signing up for discord.

I thought Bartell said he would shut ellgab down if bellgab came back?

I was just thinking about this yesterday, and wondering if it was "all in my head".  I was considering looking for it- but then decided that I really didn't care and am happy that it still exists for people who want a more moderated site.  I'm just happy to know that my memory is not faulty... *

*Besides, I think that Bart said that he would shut it down and forward it "if somebody bought Bellgab."  As there was not, technically, a sale- the argument could be made that the promise has not been broken...

Lilith

Quote from: WOTR on October 13, 2018, 07:39:39 PM
I was going to sign in for (something BG related... Chefist podcast?)  Then I read the fine print and realized that I will never be signing up for discord.

I was just thinking about this yesterday, and wondering if it was "all in my head".  I was considering looking for it- but then decided that I really didn't care and am happy that it still exists for people who want a more moderated site.  I'm just happy to know that my memory is not faulty... *

*Besides, I think that Bart said that he would shut it down and forward it "if somebody bought Bellgab."  As there was not, technically, a sale- the argument could be made that the promise has not been broken...

It would be nice to know for sure. I think in regard to Bellgab, he said he would shut Ellgab down if Bellgab came back online.  I think in regards to Ellgab, he said that if he got tired of running it, he would forward it to someone who wanted it.  I could be wrong.  No worries.   :)

I hope Ellgab remains forever.  I DO think it should consider changing its name if it wishes no association with Bellgab, and can't even SAY OUR NAME.

WOTR

Quote from: brig on October 13, 2018, 07:43:45 PM
I hope Ellgab remains forever.  I DO think it should consider changing its name if it wishes no association with Bellgab, and can't even SAY OUR NAME.
One person got their start on a "little podcast", another group got their start on a "the old board"... you know- "that other place."  Correct me if I'm wrong- but even Falkie cannot say the name "Bellgab."

People on a board that cannot even be mentioned by name by half a dozen podcasts and podcast hosts must be deplorable, rotten, hideous basement dwellers.  :(

Lilith

Quote from: WOTR on October 13, 2018, 08:05:55 PM
One person got their start on a "little podcast", another group got their start on a "the old board"... you know- "that other place."  Correct me if I'm wrong- but even Falkie cannot say the name "Bellgab."

People on a board that cannot even be mentioned by name by half a dozen podcasts and podcast hosts must be deplorable, rotten, hideous basement dwellers.  :(

YAY for the deplorable, rotten, hideous basement dwellers.   ;D

SO SAY WE ALL!!!

Quote from: StarrMountain on October 13, 2018, 06:38:37 PM
Hey, Logan, good to see you again. ;) ;D
Greetings Sweet Sister Starr.
Good to see you again too.   ;)      :)

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 13, 2018, 06:56:43 PM
Called it.

PonyBoySafeSpace is Heather Wade minus the kind of crazy that would make you want to listen at all.

Yup, the meme opportunist will spin it of course. *rubs hands*

Hey malachi.  :)
Do you have a time machine ?
Your avatar got younger.   ;D
Good to see you.