• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

dude weed lol

Started by Jackstar, October 12, 2018, 09:04:15 AM

Jackstar

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/white-house-to-unveil-federal-cannabis-reform-very-soon-says-gop-lawmaker/

QuoteThe White House is planning on tackling cannabis reform after the midterm elections, according to Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Calif.

Rohrabacher tells FOX Business that the Trump administration has made a “solid commitment” to fix marijuana regulation.

"I have been talking to people inside the White House who know and inside the president’s entourage... I have talked to them at length. I have been reassured that the president intends on keeping his campaign promise.”

“I would expect after the election we will sit down and we’ll start hammering out something that is specific and real,” he said.

Rohrabacher says the president has spoken in support of legalizing medical marijuana on the federal level â€" and leaving the question of recreational marijuana use up to the states.

The California congressman, who is up for re-election this November, is battling

Meanwhile... https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/let-american-farmers-grow-hemp-once-again-create-jobs-and-rebuild-rural-economy/

[attachment=1,msg1265906]

[EMERGENCY MEETING OF PARLIAMENT ACTIVATED]

Metron2267

Dang, Trudumb and the lefties beat us to the bongwater!

Roswells, dude!

Jackstar

[attachment=1]

1/3rd the water.

Metron2267

You have roped me in Jackstar!

;D ;D ;D

Jackstar

[attachment=1]

[attachment=2]

[attachment=3]

Metron2267

I wonder...is hemp the next switchgrass?

???

Jackstar

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 12, 2018, 11:43:38 AM
I wonder...is hemp the next switchgrass?

[attachment=1]

I do not think you are clear on what 'wonder' means. I really don't.

Metron2267

Well I'm not wondering about yield.

:o

https://junkscience.com/2011/12/wsj-the-cellulosic-ethanol-debacle/
WSJ: The Cellulosic Ethanol Debacle

“Congress mandated purchase of 250 million gallons in 2011. Actual production: 6.6 million.”

The Wall Street Journal editorializes,

‘We’ll fund additional research in cutting-edge methods of producing ethanol, not just from corn but from wood chips and stalks or switch grass. Our goal is to make this new kind of ethanol practical and competitive within six years.”

â€"George W. Bush, 2006 State of the Union address

Gd5150

Just need cars that run on the oil from fried Twinkie’s and we’re set. Renewable energy!

Jackstar

Given that you're quoting a known traitor with an established agenda and zero credibility ("this kind of ethanol, but not that kind"), it's difficult to hypothesize what you're imagining that you're wondering about.

Quote from: Gd5150 on October 12, 2018, 01:08:09 PM
Renewable energy!

You're better than this. Can't you renew your schtick?

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on October 12, 2018, 01:10:11 PM
Given that you're quoting a known traitor with an established agenda and zero credibility ("this kind of ethanol, but not that kind"), it's difficult to hypothesize what you're imagining that you're wondering about.

That is the point in analyzing what really happens when gubmint runs into bleeding edge farm subsidy tech, no?

Ergo "King Corn"...Roundup, terminator seeds...duh...

QuoteYou're better than this. Can't you renew your schtick?

Until we get some cranium rattling leftards in here to light up, it'll be scout team silage reps only.

:-\

Gd5150

Quote from: Jackstar on October 12, 2018, 01:10:11 PM

You're better than this. Can't you renew your schtick?

I don’t recall ever commenting on the wonder cure all plant relating to twinkies but if I did so be it. It certainly sounds like my kind of humor.

Should I have said renewable bong water?

Jackstar

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 12, 2018, 01:17:50 PM
bleeding edge farm subsidy tech

Growing weed... is "bleeding edge?" Humans have been doing it for thirteen thousand years. Reconcile.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jim Stone
Rumor has it that Trump is going to legalize pot nationwide
If that be the case, I beg to question why. Obviously, constitutionally, pot, heroin, the whole 9 yards is legal, but there has been such a stigma against such drugs for so long It (sic) leaves me to wonder why Trump even went there. A political bargaining chip? Is there talk about him legalizing it because he worked it in as part of a deal? Or is pot being genetically programmed to produce antidepressants now?

I know one thing, and that is if I EVER did pot it would be ditch or pasture weed and NOT what is coming out of the grow shows and labs nowadays. Clearly, the natural stuff is harmless but I'd never trust someone's science project. And back in the day I did not go for the natural stuff either, it just was not my thing.

[attachment=1,msg1266004]

Lotta wondering going on today.

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on October 12, 2018, 01:23:52 PM
Growing weed... is "bleeding edge?" Humans have been doing it for thirteen thousand years. Reconcile.

Distillation to ethanol functionally speaking is bleeding edge weed tech.

Which partly why it never panned out past subsidy.

Big awl don't like to play with weeds.

https://junkscience.com/2011/12/wsj-the-cellulosic-ethanol-debacle/

"An October 2011 report on biofuels by the National Academy of Sciences concluded that the mandates “may be an ineffective way to reduce global greenhouse gas emissions.” Because production is so low, advanced cellulosic fuels also do very little to reduce U.S. dependence on foreign oil. The report notes that “currently, no commercially viable biorefineries exist for converting cellulosic biomass to fuel.”

Why? Because of what the National Academy report calls “the high cost of producing cellulosic biofuels compared with petroleum-based fuels, and uncertainties in future biofuel markets.” The report does say that technological breakthroughs could make cellulosic fuels cost-competitive in the future, but that same leap of faith has driven subsidies to alternative energy for 40 years.

To recap: Congress subsidized a product that didn’t exist, mandated its purchase though it still didn’t exist, is punishing oil companies for not buying the product that doesn’t exist, and is now doubling down on the subsidies in the hope that someday it might exist. We’d call this the march of folly, but that’s unfair to fools. [Emphasis added]"

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/410675-oil-industry-green-groups-join-to-oppose-trumps-ethanol-plan

The oil industry, however, has a different concern. They’re worried that the change would reduce the incentive for the ethanol and corn industries to negotiate major reforms to the Renewable Fuel Standard, the federal policy that requires fuel refiners to blend specified amounts of ethanol into gasoline.

Oil companies also stand to sell less traditional gasoline, while their costs could go up, if Trump’s plan is implemented.

“I can’t overstate how disappointed we are with this decision by the president,” said Chet Thompson, president of American Fuel and Petrochemical Manufacturers, which represents fuel refiners.
Environmental advocates and the oil industry both say the new policy would violate a Clean Air Act provision that limits the volatility of fuels that can be sold. The EPA has concluded numerous times, most recently in 2011, that allowing E15 in the summer â€" when ozone pollution levels are highest â€" would violate the law.

“What he’s telling EPA to do is unlawful,” said Thompson. “If the president moves forward, it leaves us zero options but to challenge it.”

Jackstar

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 12, 2018, 01:41:01 PM
Distillation to ethanol functionally speaking is bleeding edge weed tech.

QuoteIn a book titled Diesel Engines for Land and Marine Work, Diesel said that "In 1900 a small Diesel engine was exhibited by the Otto company which, on the suggestion of the French Government, was run on arachide [peanut] oil, and operated so well that very few people were aware of the fact. The motor was built for ordinary oils, and without any modification was run on vegetable oil I have recently repeated these experiments on a large scale with full success and entire confirmation of the results formerly obtained."

QuoteThere are various theories to explain Diesel's death. Certain people, such as his biographer Grosser in 1978, argue that Rudolf Diesel committed suicide. Another line of thought suggests that he was murdered, given his refusal to grant the German forces the exclusive rights to using his invention; indeed, Diesel boarded the SS Dresden with the intent of meeting with representatives of the British Royal Navy to discuss the possibility of powering British submarines by diesel engine â€" he never made it ashore. Yet, evidence is limited for all explanations, and his disappearance and death remain unsolved.

Quote1897: Adolphus Busch licenses rights to the diesel engine for the US and Canada.

Quotebleeding edge tech
I really don't think you've thought this through. I really don't.

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on October 12, 2018, 01:51:46 PM
I really don't think you've thought this through. I really don't.

bleeding = mass market forces (big oil/corn/et al.)

edge = hemp/switchgrass

tech = lack of actual refineries

...I love the smell of fry oil diesel and the idea of hemp ethanol. But I've seen what Obummer and Biden did to "green energy".

:(

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on October 12, 2018, 02:10:23 PM
Fuck them.

You've found some masterful way to get around them?

Share.

QuoteSo build them.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/let-american-farmers-grow-hemp-once-again-create-jobs-and-rebuild-rural-economy/

And then what happens if Trump doesn't stay past 2020?

I mean i suppose we could hope the dems would pander for votes there and keep it rolling, but somehow that never seems to happen.

QuoteYour arguments aren't really sound here.

Oh?

If so we'd have a viable, if not burgeoning, switchgrass ethanol industry by now, wouldn't we?

From 2010:

https://www.manufacturing.net/article/2010/08/25-million-acres-corn-nowhere-go

The EPA projections are:

Switchgrass (perennial grass): 7.9 Bgy
Soy biodiesel and corn oil: 1.34 Bgy
Crop residues (corn stover, includes bagasse): 5.5 Bgy
Woody biomass (forestry residue): 0.1 Bgy
Corn ethanol: 15.0 Bgy
Other (municipal solid waste): 2.6 Bgy
Animal fats and yellow grease: 0.38 Bgy
Algae: 0.1 Bgy
Imports: 2.2 Bgy
The EPA and USDA differ materially on switchgrass and other energy grasses (the USDA projecting 13.4 Bgy from this source), and both groups have not considered the use of short-term wood biomass crops, such as poplar.

Why is this news? Monsanto has projected that corn yields will reach an average of 300 bushels per acre by 2030, and Ceres CEO Richard Hamilton has stated that he is comfortable with a range of 12 tons per acre for switchgrass yields by 2022, based on current trends.

https://www.ers.usda.gov/data-products/us-bioenergy-statistics.aspx

QuoteCheck for an update from your handler.

I don't rate enough to have a "handler", sorry... :'(

Jackstar

QuoteIf so we'd have a viable, if not burgeoning, switchgrass ethanol industry by now, wouldn't we?

[attachment=1]

You keep quoting criminals and traitors. It's not terribly persuasive.

Metron2267

I hadn't realized how bereft of actual data you are. 'Shoot the messenger' is a failed argumentation from the get go.

Jackstar

That's not my argument. Keep studying.

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on October 12, 2018, 02:57:56 PM
That's not my argument.

Actually it HAS largely been your "argument"...

QuoteYou keep quoting criminals and traitors. It's not terribly persuasive./quote]

QuoteYour arguments aren't really sound here. Check for an update from your handler.

QuoteI really don't think you've thought this through. I really don't.

QuoteGiven that you're quoting a known traitor with an established agenda and zero credibility ("this kind of ethanol, but not that kind"), it's difficult to hypothesize what you're imagining that you're wondering about.

QuoteI do not think you are clear on what 'wonder' means. I really don't.

QuoteKeep studying.

See it's that kind of fact-free obfuscation that dulls your point. Stick to the hard data and account for the major market forces and players and this becomes a useful chew toy.

Play shoot the messenger and allude to palliatives that have largely been stymied isn't a winning hand of cards.

You do recall what happened to most of Obummer's green energy miracle companies, yes?

https://www.dailysignal.com/2012/10/18/president-obamas-taxpayer-backed-green-energy-failures/

The complete list of faltering or bankrupt green-energy companies:

Evergreen Solar ($25 million)*
SpectraWatt ($500,000)*
Solyndra ($535 million)*
Beacon Power ($43 million)*
Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
SunPower ($1.2 billion)
First Solar ($1.46 billion)
Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)*
Amonix ($5.9 million)
Fisker Automotive ($529 million)
Abound Solar ($400 million)*
A123 Systems ($279 million)*
Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($700,981)*
Johnson Controls ($299 million)
Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
ECOtality ($126.2 million)
Raser Technologies ($33 million)*
Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)*
Mountain Plaza, Inc. ($2 million)*
Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)*
Range Fuels ($80 million)*
Thompson River Power ($6.5 million)*
Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)*
Azure Dynamics ($5.4 million)*
GreenVolts ($500,000)
Vestas ($50 million)
LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power ($151 million)
Nordic Windpower ($16 million)*
Navistar ($39 million)
Satcon ($3 million)*
Konarka Technologies Inc. ($20 million)*
Mascoma Corp. ($100 million)
*Denotes companies that have filed for bankruptcy.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2012/10/18/president-obamas-taxpayer-backed-green-energy-failures/

That's what happens when gubmint tries to pick winners in the "free marketplace" - always....

Jackstar

It's cute how you clearly agree with me, but can't be bothered to make your post legible. Did they tell you that was effective at Quantico?

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on October 12, 2018, 04:04:34 PM
It's cute how you clearly agree with me

That we need a viable domestic cellulosic as well as biodiesel energy presence (both as a hedge on oil and as an economic engine) is not under dispute. How we get one and maintain one however is. Just saying "fuck 'em" to Mr. Market is always a losing hand, as I have demonstrated in adequate detail.

Quotebut can't be bothered to make your post legible.

Oh it's quite legible even if I did miss a quote bracket break somewhere; stop obfuscating and come to factual dialog, please.

Or is it really that you can't bring valid data points to delineate why the refiners (for example) are so negative on biofuels.

https://biofuels-news.com/display_news/10810/Biofuel_blending_costs_soar_for_Valero/

Biofuel blending costs were $173 million in the second quarter of 2016, which was $117 million higher than the second quarter of 2015. Valero continues to expect such costs to be between $750 million and $850 million for 2016.

Ethanol results

Elsewhere, Valero’s ethanol segment reported $69 million of operating income ($49 million of adjusted operating income) for the second quarter of 2016 compared to $108 million of operating income for the second quarter of 2015.

Ethanol production volumes averaged 3.8 million gallons per day in the second quarter of 2016, which was consistent with the second quarter of 2015. Valero said expects ethanol demand to remain strong given high gasoline demand in the US and “attractive economics for corn-based ethanol exports”.

Profit drop

Overall profits for Valero plunged 40% in the second quarter as a glut of petroleum products weighs on prices and trims margins.

QuoteDid they tell you that was effective at Quantico?

Wow, you're going to run that same FBI lame you used with Palladin on me?

Come on jack, you're better than that.  :o

Metron2267

Now what Trump is doing will wash some of the artificial gubmint costs out of refining if properly implemented:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/23/business/energy-environment/high-price-ethanol-credits-add-to-refiners-woes.html

These credits originally sold for a few cents a gallon under the system supervised by the E.P.A. But as an unregulated trading market has emerged, the price has swung wildly for the credits, which are known as RINs, for Renewable Identification Numbers.

The ethanol RIN price approached $1.50 a gallon in the 2013 bubble before falling below 25 cents. And it recently spiked at nearly $1 before slipping back somewhat.

Ethanol is broadly unpopular in the oil industry, largely because biofuels compete with petroleum products for market share. And many say the policy to promote ethanol is antiquated after a six-year drilling frenzy in the United States that has resulted in reduced imports and cheap gasoline.

But the industry is divided on the question of who should be responsible for RIN purchases â€" those who refine gasoline, as is now the case, or those who blend gasoline with ethanol or other biofuels.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/08/trump-will-order-changes-to-biofuel-rules-in-bid-to-end-feud-between-farm-states-and-oil-refiners.html
The Trump administration will seek to reform two parts of the nation's policy to promote biofuels, marking its latest attempt to reach a mutually beneficial outcome for two of the president's key constituencies: the fossil fuel industry and farm states.

President Donald Trump on Tuesday ordered acting EPA Administrator Andrew Wheeler to take measures that would lift barriers to the summertime sale of E15, a type of gasoline-biofuel blend, according to a senior White House official. The change is calculated to shore up demand for biofuels such as corn-based ethanol and boost the fortunes of farmers.

Regulations effectively restrict the sale of E15 from the beginning of June through the middle of September at gas stations throughout much of the country.

At the same time, the Trump administration will aim to limit speculation in the market for biofuel credits, the official told reporters Monday. The nation's refiners have long complained that the obscure market is flawed, resulting in price spikes that drive up the cost of complying with federal rules and putting financial pressure on small refineries.
Tackling trade in biofuel credits

The administration will also start the federal rule-making process to address the energy industry's concerns about the market for biofuel credits, the official said.

Refiners generate the credits â€" known as Renewable Identification Numbers, or RINs â€" when they blend biofuels into gasoline. Refiners that aren't able to blend biofuels must purchase RINs from their competitors.

New regulations under consideration include limiting trading in the credits to refiners and fuel importers, the official said. That would cut out traders who are not linked to refining businesses but are allowed to trade in RINs. Refiners often blame these traders for wild price swings that can raise the cost of compliance for small refineries.

RINs prices were particularly volatile last year. Analysts say Trump's decision to appoint the billionaire investor Carl Icahn as a regulatory advisor fed that volatility. Icahn holds a majority stake in refinery operator CVR Energy and sought changes to biofuels rules that would benefit refiners, but the administration did not adopt his ideas.

Sens. Grassley and Ernst rejected Cruz's proposal to cap RINs prices following a White House meeting in February.