Started by SergeantMajor, June 05, 2018, 03:38:31 PM

Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on October 21, 2019, 07:52:28 PM
Nope
Waiting for October, still? Maybe some calendar issue? Orthodox versus ours? Jewish moon-based system? Chinese one? Some even more archaic "witchy" calendar? Some odd-ball Nevada Fiscal Calendar system?

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on October 21, 2019, 08:05:56 PM
Waiting for October, still? Maybe some calendar issue? Orthodox versus ours? Jewish moon-based system? Chinese one? Some even more archaic "witchy" calendar? Some odd-ball Nevada Fiscal Calendar system?
All that planning for October's really paid off.

WOTR

Quote from: ItsOver on October 22, 2019, 06:22:47 AM

It took a lot of planning to come up with something more important to be engaged in than "broadcasting" the show. (Again.)

ItsOver

Quote from: username on October 22, 2019, 08:18:59 PM
Maybe the fun is over?
Could be.  She could at least put up a test pattern on her website.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: ItsOver on October 22, 2019, 08:30:26 PM

That would be funny, but she's humorless.

PChirp

Quote from: WOTR on October 22, 2019, 08:12:05 PM
It took a lot of planning to come up with something more important to be engaged in than "broadcasting" the show. (Again.)

Huh?!?  She's NOT broadcasting tonight?  Jeez Louise, here I was all set to ridicule and ag it all on for you folks (snacks and alcohol, mind you) and nothing!  Holy Shit!  Guess I need to get with the program.    >:( >:( >:( >:(  Whatever shall I do?!?

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on October 22, 2019, 08:30:26 PM

I love those. Or the Simpsons version of "technical difficulties." I also miss "snow" after a Patriotic sign-off.There was magic in the static, keep that tube on and listen some Art.  And sometimes you get some signal through the noise. Not, really, but looked like it, when you kept looking at snow.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on October 22, 2019, 09:32:16 PM
I love those. Or the Simpsons version of "technical difficulties." I also miss "snow" after a Patriotic sign-off.There was magic in the static, keep that tube on and listen some Art.  And sometimes you get some signal through the noise. Not, really, but looked like it, when you kept looking at snow.

And let’s not forget that some of that static is from the big bang:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1speNu6oR8

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on October 22, 2019, 09:32:16 PM

The Outer Limits opening is so classic.

http://youtu.be/8CtjhWhw2I8

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 22, 2019, 09:39:41 PM
And let’s not forget that some of that static is from the big bang:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1speNu6oR8
Wow. Now we know why the whole digital tv, and radio, crap. ;) Luckily I still got some old analog tv in my garage and several SW etc radios, lest I miss the messages.  Shostek must be pissed that anybody might get 'em first.  ;D   

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on October 22, 2019, 09:50:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmqOmH0o5rI

Yeah, man...TV boy from Slacker. I hear he has a tape of that guy who shot a bunch of people giving his manifesto speech before that. 8)

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 22, 2019, 09:54:00 PM
Yeah, man...TV boy from Slacker. I hear he has a tape of that guy who shot a bunch of people giving his manifesto speech before that. 8)
I deleted post because I forgot how bad it was. But you replied too quick. Back in the day it was just Austin "funny," not really considering also the treatment of the Tower Shooting but in a way "funny" now relooking I deleted because too many nutjobs and not as funny. Crazy times, then, and now though. Around the time of awful Yogurt Shop murders and in investigation cops kicking in doors and finding Satanists, hippies, etc,  Mexican cops finding "suspects" (forced confessions,) and a LOT a crazy stuff (forced confession by APD even, later dead by cop years later.) Case not solved.  Austin weird, in a bad way. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ItsOver on October 22, 2019, 06:22:47 AM

It's gonna be a rad show she's prepped.

albrecht

Quote from: Liberace! on October 22, 2019, 10:06:00 PM

Best Jiff ever. They should use it for a peanut butter commercial for Jiff. Proceeds go to building houses for poor folks by a President (who saw UFO and sinned when looking at hot chicks.)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on October 22, 2019, 10:00:39 PM
I deleted post because I forgot how bad it was. But you replied too quick. Back in the day it was just Austin "funny," not really considering also the treatment of the Tower Shooting but in a way "funny" now relooking I deleted because too many nutjobs and not as funny. Crazy times, then, and now though. Around the time of awful Yogurt Shop murders and in investigation cops kicking in doors and finding Satanists, hippies, etc,  Mexican cops finding "suspects" (forced confessions,) and a LOT a crazy stuff (forced confession by APD even, later dead by cop years later.) Case not solved.  Austin weird, in a bad way.

I liked Slacker and still see it as some sort of revolution in filmmaking. Don’t worry, al. Art imitates life and I think rarely the other way round, barring actual psychosis, of course.

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 22, 2019, 10:17:35 PM
I liked Slacker and still see it as some sort of revolution in filmmaking. Don’t worry, al. Art imitates life and I think rarely the other way round, barring actual psychosis, of course.
I don't think movie was bad. It was awesome (at the time, we were all "they filmed us? This place, etc?" (It was VERY real back before Austin became California etc.) Linklater knows his stuff ("Everybody Wants Some" is epic, real. Not as appreciated as much as "Dazed" but just as real.Maybe more so, a few miles south and age like me.)  But I didn't want nut jobs to take out of context etc the Slacker crazy stuff. The movie is very real as it was. Knew folks in it and crazy stuff about the auto yard. And the ranters. Homeless. Fun times.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on October 22, 2019, 10:26:30 PM
I don't think movie was bad. It was awesome (at the time, we were all "they filmed us? This place, etc?" (It was VERY real back before Austin became California etc.) Linklater knows his stuff ("Everybody Wants Some" is epic, real. Not as appreciated as much as "Dazed" but just as real.Maybe more so, a few miles south and older like me.)  But I didn't want nut jobs to take out of context etc the Slacker crazy stuff. The movie is very real as it was. Knew folks in it and crazy stuff about the auto yard. And the ranters. Homeless. Fun times.

And with Linklater I don’t think you can call it a fluke because he went on to produce so many other great movies. He obviously a very intelligent, creative guy. That’s him (as I’m sure you know) philosophizing about his dream to the cab driver at the beginning of the movie. Did you actually know him, al?

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 22, 2019, 10:30:43 PM
And with Linklater I don’t think you can call it a fluke because he went on to produce so many other great movies. He obviously a very intelligent, creative guy. That’s him (as I’m sure you know) philosophizing about his dream to the cab driver at the beginning of the movie. Did you actually know him, al?
No. Not fluke. Very creative guy. But also KNOWs culture here and just does it. Very realistic. Basically, we joke "what the fuck he made millions of our stuff."  Very realistic. HS and College stuff. Don't know him, as it were, some of his actors due to school, kids, voting, filming locations,etc. Unfortunately he, and some others, have made the place worse because whatever; folks move in, etc. And tax-flight. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on October 22, 2019, 10:45:10 PM
No. Not fluke. Very creative guy. But also KNOWs culture here and just does it. Very realistic. Basically, we joke "what the fuck he made millions of our stuff."  Very realistic. HS and College stuff. Don't know him, as it were, some of his actors due to school, kids, voting, filming locations,etc. Unfortunately he, and some others, have made the place worse because whatever; folks move in, etc. And tax-flight.

Yeah, he even had the good sense to put a ranting Alex Jones in one of his movies too.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqbajEDpvHQ

ItsOver

Looks like the end of the show is nigh in Nye.  The closing bumper, "The Sound of Silence."

Epaphroditus

Heather really sounded defeated on her last show ,  she may have finally realized why Art needed Keith Rowland .

ItsOver

She's been done since she started.  Art should have never allowed it to happen.  Like a lot of things.  Insert Art and co. in a wreck GIF here.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: ItsOver on October 23, 2019, 02:38:37 PM
She's been done since she started.  Art should have never allowed it to happen.  Like a lot of things.  Insert Art and co. in a wreck GIF here.

ItsOver

October 25th and Heater's still stuck on October 8th.

"October 8th, 2019
And how are you tonight, Night People?"

https://www.thekingdomofnye.com