Kingdom of Nye With Heather Wade

Started by SergeantMajor, June 05, 2018, 03:38:31 PM

Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

Metron2267

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 18, 2019, 05:40:49 PM
lol, Thats another thing...that theme song.

I guess I don't have to say I did not click 'play'.

Might as well post this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJw2qd3MtqE

lol

Precisely!  And that's a GOOD thing! I mean did anyone want more of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHhePr0TKfc
Ah aaaaahhh ahh aahhh ahhaha ahhahhahhh aaaa...

Its like finding Shirley Bassey singing in your shower!
(look it up)

Corona Kitty

Quote from: DynamoHum on January 18, 2019, 05:50:54 PM
I heard him and Pete talk about this, and acquiesce that point slightly...Hughes tells it slightly differently on the tribute show he did with Hoagland last year...(which even tho was Hoagie who I hate, was one of the better tributes).

Maybe Art was already in the pussy fog at that point...

Yeah, I don't disagree with you. I feel like there are a lot of missing gaps in this story. Regardless... all names listed would have been better suited, than heather wade.

phone hooking isn't so bad for a childless cat lady. there have been many such cases.

albrecht

Quote from: Richard Groyper on January 18, 2019, 06:05:01 PM
phone hooking isn't so bad for a childless cat lady. there have been many such cases.
If you are going to have to resort to the sex-trade for your livelihood I would say that phone is likely the best and safest job in the industry.  You don't actually have to do anything, meet any customers, walk the streets, or get your image posted all over the interwebs- you don't even need to be in any kind of physical shape. Just talk and put up with weirdos.

Quote from: albrecht on January 18, 2019, 06:13:46 PM
If you are going to have to resort to the sex-trade for your livelihood I would say that phone is likely the best and safest job in the industry.  You don't actually have to do anything, meet any customers, walk the streets, or get your image posted all over the interwebs- you don't even need to be in any kind of physical shape. Just talk and put up with weirdos.

ghost Art is going to be pissed.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 18, 2019, 05:50:20 PM
Oh but I do - origination!  It was well off the beaten TV path at the time and that is why it tanked, imo. Meanwhile Quinn Martin styled series like "The Invaders" recycled the same hard-boiled private eye formulae and fared a bit better. I'll not mention "Project UFO" for obvious reasons...

It's like hearing Hendrix live vs. seeing "Rainbow Bridge" - you get the same visuals and music but not the pineal shift.

Original is only so once. That's not a slam on you personally (or any other younger viewer), it's a signal that by the time you go back to examine geology the lava flows just aren't as fluid or compelling.Lyell might grasp this.

Dead wrong. I'm a big TNG fan and while there's nothing as poignant as "The Tether" in this series it had to occupy a different chapter in the timeline and did so with the same oft times camp humor that the original ST had. To me enterprise is the "Dazed and Confused" of the franchise and I never felt that film tried too pejoratively hard to be hip - ymmv. 8)

You do have a point. Going to my first Grateful Dead show was absolutely nothing like listening to even a live recording of them. I have a difficult time squaring watching a television show out of time with watching it in 1966 to be along the same lines. What you seem to be saying is since I did not watch Star Trek during it's original run I can't appreciate a show with the same title written thirty years later with no one from the original series involved (except for Majel Barrett). Doesn't that sound ridiculous to you?

Hey, remember how they introduced timeline jumping in that series and just forgot about it because they couldn't be bothered with writing something compelling and lasting more than one episode? Doesn't matter, Star Trek bucks!

Did I mention I hate Enterprise?

Oh, i just remembered the decontamination chamber. That was fucking retarded. That is why I call that show Lead Poisoning in Space. Lack of Oxygen in Space would work too. Or how about Sweaty Close Ups of the Lead Poisoned Captain Yelling in Space?

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 18, 2019, 05:53:58 PM
Precisely!  And that's a GOOD thing! I mean did anyone want more of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHhePr0TKfc
Ah aaaaahhh ahh aahhh ahhaha ahhahhahhh aaaa...

Its like finding Shirley Bassey singing in your shower!
(look it up)

Yeah, that's kind of annoying, lol, How'd you like it in 1966? I prefer my Star Trek themes to be orchestral. It expresses the grandeur, the expanse, the endless boundaries of space and imagination. I guess a 'Every Rose has it's Thorn' type of song will do though, lol.

Metron2267

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 18, 2019, 06:19:32 PM
You do have a point. Going to my first Grateful Dead show was absolutely nothing like listening to even a live recording of them.

Eggzactly!

Aad a Phish concert is not a Dead concert, etc.

QuoteI have a difficult time squaring watching a television show out of time with watching it in 1966 to be along the same lines. What you seem to be saying is since I did not watch Star Trek during it's original run I can't appreciate a show with the same title written thirty years later with no one from the original series involved (except for Majel Barrett). Doesn't that sound ridiculous to you?

Not at all what I was saying, my fault there.

What I am saying is that lacking the social context from the original Trek it is more difficult to revive it in a late model Enterprise. You kind of have to take it as a free-standing franchise component and go from there. The DNA of the original won't be immediately evident to you. It'd be like test driving a 50s Porsche 356 and today's 911 and trying to parse what's common, save for styling. You'd lack the breathtaking trail throttle oversteer and not know what the engineers had wrought in all the in-between iterations.

The anthemic "every rose" vibe of the Enterprise's overwrought theme song was meant (I believe) to present viewers today with a nostalgic taste of what a continuation Trek might have felt like had it been made in the 80s.

QuoteHey, remember how they introduced timeline jumping in that series and just forgot about it because they couldn't be bothered with writing something compelling and lasting more than one episode? Doesn't matter, Star Trek bucks!

Fair point. Consider too the sharp animus Bragga was having with the producers.

QuoteDid I mention I hate Enterprise?

Uh...yes... ::)

QuoteOh, i just remembered the decontamination chamber. That was fucking retarded. That is why I call that show Lead Poisoning in Space. Lack of Oxygen in Space would work too. Or how about Sweaty Close Ups of the Lead Poisoned Captain Yelling in Space?

Revisit my Porsche analogy. Consider air vs. liquid cooled. You might lust for and even buy a recent 911, but you'd likely pass on a late model 356 and do so with vehement conviction.

You'd be simultaneously right and wrong - Schrodinger's oversteer! 8)

Metron2267

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 18, 2019, 06:50:20 PM
Yeah, that's kind of annoying, lol, How'd you like it in 1966?

Welp that makes me grade it against great TV themes of the past like Hawaii 50, The Wild Wild West, and so forth. I'd have to say it felt spacey, and that's as kind as I can get. ::) At least it wasn't "Batman!"

QuoteI prefer my Star Trek themes to be orchestral. It expresses the grandeur, the expanse, the endless boundaries of space and imagination. I guess a 'Every Rose has it's Thorn' type of song will do though, lol.

I'm in your camp there - but I was raised on a lot of John Williams, so... ;)

Aw heck ,I have to add this in, from the single campiest low budget sci-fi stoont flick ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTa2vXL7FI8

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Richard Groyper on January 18, 2019, 06:18:28 PM
ghost Art is going to be pissed.

nigga cant even beat off with a ghost hand sheeeeeit!

Corona Kitty

Ona Fone with Heather wade, highlight number 2# meltdown.

This one is also filled with a completely pretentious and annoying heather wade. Filled with anger and playing the victim card the entire time. She scolds her die hard listeners for "bothering" her.

She also gives her guest an ear beating, non stop. I feel completely bad for Jason. That guy didn't know he was going to be used as an emotional dumpster.

This is also when Damon, called in and asked her about the stripper glory days. This was extremely remenescent of Al Bundy. This comment of mine made it's rounds to Ellgab.

*Correction* 1st breakdown.
This was when the sheriff stopped by

Pretty hysterical, worth a listen but make sure to fast forward plenty of times. This episode highlighted many traits of Heather's real personality.

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on January 18, 2019, 07:18:11 PM
nigga cant even beat off with a ghost hand sheeeeeit!

damn! i been know dat feelin

albrecht

Quote from: username on January 18, 2019, 07:18:39 PM
Ona Fone with Heather wade, highlight number 2# meltdown.

This one is also filled with a completely pretentious and annoying heather wade. Filled with anger and playing the victim card the entire time. She scolds her die hard listeners for "bothering" her.

She also gives her guest an ear beating, non stop. I feel completely bad for Jason. That guy didn't know he was going to be used as an emotional dumpster.

This is also when Damon, called in and asked her about the stripper glory days. This was extremely remenescent of Al Bundy. This comment of mine made it's rounds to Ellgab.

Pretty hysterical, worth a listen but make sure to fast forward plenty of times. This episode highlighted many traits of Heather's real personality.
I forget but one of the only recent shows I tuned into she had some guest. Poor guy.  He almost ended up like he was working a Samaritan phone line. He did a good job but it was awful and I felt bad for him. He thought he was on a show to promote his book or ideas but ended up trying to buck up Heather and "talk her down." It was crazy...

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Jackstar on January 18, 2019, 05:57:51 PM
It is frankly hard to imagine how you could be more wrong here.

I'm not wrong though. I like the Klingon episodes, which is what he is known for. I prefer the mind-bending type stuff early Braga did before he became a total jerk and punched out while still writing and producing Star Trek, like Frame of Mind (the one where Riker doesn't know whether he is on the Enterprise or in a mental institution). Also, the time loop stuff is what I like.

Now I don't know who wrote what, I looked up some of my favorites and it wasn't Braga.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: albrecht on January 18, 2019, 07:22:01 PM
I forget but one of the only recent shows I tuned into she had some guest. Poor guy.  He almost ended up like he was working a Samaritan phone line. He did a good job but it was awful and I felt bad for him. He thought he was on a show to promote his book or ideas but ended up trying to buck up Heather and "talk her down." It was crazy...

It's safe to say none of these people will return. it's also extremely fascinating to realize that no big names even want to be on Heather's show.

Metron2267

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 18, 2019, 08:07:20 PM
For sure, that is so good.

Right on - so nakedly referential to the Gorn of the original ST (in my mind) - good grief, it was a killer series almost top to bottom!

(full disclosure - I could have used a bit less Wesley Crusher and a lot more Tasha Yar...)

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 18, 2019, 07:50:21 PM
I'm not wrong though. I like the Klingon episodes, which is what he is known for. I prefer the mind-bending type stuff early Braga did before he became a total jerk and punched out while still writing and producing Star Trek, like Frame of Mind (the one where Riker doesn't know whether he is on the Enterprise or in a mental institution). Also, the time loop stuff is what I like.

Now I don't know who wrote what, I looked up some of my favorites and it wasn't Braga.

Great.  Now I am having alt.wesley.crusher.die.die.die flashbacks.  My Usenet PTSD is triggered.     ;)

Metron2267

Gates would mama bear you right out the airlock! ;D

aldousburbank

Quote from: Jackstar on January 18, 2019, 05:13:24 PM
Janeway is best Captain. There is no changing my mind here.

You are no longer dead to me.

VC

Quote from: DynamoHum on January 18, 2019, 05:29:59 PM
She mentioned Winter Laake or whatever his name is.

Was that on the same show that you called in or before/after that? I can't find it, but I'm sure it happened.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 18, 2019, 07:08:13 PM
Eggzactly!

Aad a Phish concert is not a Dead concert, etc.

Not at all what I was saying, my fault there.

What I am saying is that lacking the social context from the original Trek it is more difficult to revive it in a late model Enterprise. You kind of have to take it as a free-standing franchise component and go from there. The DNA of the original won't be immediately evident to you. It'd be like test driving a 50s Porsche 356 and today's 911 and trying to parse what's common, save for styling. You'd lack the breathtaking trail throttle oversteer and not know what the engineers had wrought in all the in-between iterations.

The anthemic "every rose" vibe of the Enterprise's overwrought theme song was meant (I believe) to present viewers today with a nostalgic taste of what a continuation Trek might have felt like had it been made in the 80s.

Fair point. Consider too the sharp animus Bragga was having with the producers.

Uh...yes... ::)

Revisit my Porsche analogy. Consider air vs. liquid cooled. You might lust for and even buy a recent 911, but you'd likely pass on a late model 356 and do so with vehement conviction.

You'd be simultaneously right and wrong - Schrodinger's oversteer! 8)

You've been to both a Phish and a Dead show?! You're right they aren't the same at all. Phish was great though, but nothing like seeing the Grateful Dead.

No way in hell would I pass on a 356! How dare you even suggest such a thing! It's kind of my favorite car you fucking asshole. lol. 911's aren't bad though.

Also, I don't know about anything going on behind the scenes in Star Trek. My opinion is solely based on the show I see.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 18, 2019, 08:49:54 PM
You've been to both a Phish and a Dead show?! You're right they aren't the same at all. Phish was great though, but nothing like seeing the Grateful Dead.

Fucking hippies
Take a bath