• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Well, June is off to a strange start

Started by GrumpyOldMan, June 01, 2018, 01:43:07 AM

GrumpyOldMan

I live a quiet, small town, middle-class neighborhood.  I was awakened by what sounded like a motorcycle being revved over and over.  I jumped out of bed and stepped outside to see what the commotion was.  Parked in the neighbor's yard across the street from me is a motorcycle in the middle of the yard, making as much noise as possible.  I start walking over there.  As I get to the sidewalk on my side of the street, the bike takes off; goes to another neighbor's driveway; whips a u-turn; and comes over to me.  The guy stops right in front of me.  I said "What the fuck?  What the fuck are you doing?"  The guy sticks out his right hand and says "I'm sorry.  I don't have a problem with you".  I take his hand and say "I didn't have a problem with you until this.  What are you doing?"  He said "I'm intimidating someone."  I start pointing to all of the other houses around and said "You're creating a problem with everyone else.  Find a different method!"  He apologized again. Then he let go of my hand and rode off.

Is this some kind of biker peacocking or pissing match? 

Jojo

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on June 01, 2018, 01:43:07 AM
I live a quiet, small town, middle-class neighborhood.  I was awakened by what sounded like a motorcycle being revved over and over.  I jumped out of bed and stepped outside to see what the commotion was.  Parked in the neighbor's yard across the street from me is a motorcycle in the middle of the yard, making as much noise as possible.  I start walking over there.  As I get to the sidewalk on my side of the street, the bike takes off; goes to another neighbor's driveway; whips a u-turn; and comes over to me.  The guy stops right in front of me.  I said "What the fuck?  What the fuck are you doing?"  The guy sticks out his right hand and says "I'm sorry.  I don't have a problem with you".  I take his hand and say "I didn't have a problem with you until this.  What are you doing?"  He said "I'm intimidating someone."  I start pointing to all of the other houses around and said "You're creating a problem with everyone else.  Find a different method!"  He apologized again. Then he let go of my hand and rode off.

Is this some kind of biker peacocking or pissing match?
I sent you a PM.

GrumpyOldMan

Now that I'm more awake to think about it, I'm not sure that the guy even had the right house.  The occupants of that house are in at least their sixties, and I have never seen a motorcycle there in the roughly 10 years they've been there.

Jojo

It is really weird that he thought he could just openly tell you he was intimidating someone.  Almost everyone nowadays recognizes intimidation as bullying, as well as an illegal form of harassment.

He knew you objected to his method.  But, in not objecting to the intimidation... he has in a way emotionally co-opted you, which might further isolate the poor victim inside that house, who may be cowering in her sheets knowing he is dangerous because he is willing to upset the whole neighborhood and use her property to do it.  Intimidation is used to isolate targets, make them fearful, and give them nowhere to turn.  Whoever lives there might be too ashamed to even come outside tomorrow, even though they were the victim.

Decent neighborhoods don't have too many drugs, but cocaine does get around.  Maybe she didn't pay him.  That would explain why she didn't report him right away and get the cops out there.

Since he is so nice to you, maybe at some point he will give you his name and you can memorize his license number, so as to identify him to the police someday if he keeps up intimidating her.

In the future, can you be careful!  Even in a nice area, you never know what guy on a bike might be in a black-out induced or methamphetamine-induced rage.  Or having 'roid rage.  There would have been no witnesses if he hurt you.  You are courageous and got him to talk to you, but what he actually said was irrational.  People simply don't admit openly to intimidation, because it is illegal.

When a woman in a house hears a man make that much neighborhood disturbance on her property, she feels afraid.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 01, 2018, 08:05:41 AM

What is with your avatar?  I don't get it.  I mean, the guy was great... until the truth came out about drugging and raping women and he basically admitted it.  Why would you want him in your avatar?

GravitySucks

Quote from: monica on June 05, 2018, 04:49:42 AM
What is with your avatar?  I don't get it.  I mean, the guy was great... until the truth came out about drugging and raping women and he basically admitted it.  Why would you want him in your avatar?

Hero worship