• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Doleful Recording Session

Started by ksm32, May 16, 2018, 12:37:15 AM

ksm32

A few months ago I was contacted by the sons of a dying father who was then in hospice loosing his battle with cancer, basically he, Bob was winding down and waiting to die. The son who contacted me explained the situation to me and then went on to ask me if they (the three sons) could come in to my studio and record a few songs that their dad use to play for them when they were kids. The son who contacted me was a "crappy beginner of a drummer" <-his words, and he was right. The other two brothers played a little guitar and that was it. Speeding up the story, they booked the time to come in and record three songs that they would try to play and sing on.. these songs were to be played at their fathers funeral.

What they recorded were bare bones drums, one acoustic guitar track with one first take vocal track. It was pretty lonely sounding and they knew it. I offered to lay a bass track as well as some extra guitars and backing vocals to one of the songs. This is the song they played at Bob's funeral.  It's a Bob Dylan song called You Ain't Going Nowhere.  I really like the song and I'm glad that I was a part of it.

You raised good sons, Bob.

EDIT: if you download the file, give it a serious listen and add it to one of your lists. It's real nice. And please don't listen to it with shitty laptop speakers.. it deserves more than that ;)

starrmtn001

Wow, Ksm32, you never cease to amaze me with your talent, kindness, and goodwill.
Well done, Sir.