• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Who is Jinger

Started by Jinger Rat Snapps, April 19, 2018, 03:26:58 PM

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 24, 2018, 09:02:26 PM
Jinger, I close my eyes and see a handmade book with your family history and beautifully painted illustrations of flowers.  Do you have such a book?
My family history is done on scrolls and books but are read North to South and East to West and yes flowers are an important part of Japanese society but our family flower is the shiro plum

Rix Gins

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on April 24, 2018, 09:12:07 PM
My family history is done on scrolls and books but are read North to South and East to West and yes flowers are an important part of Japanese society but our family flower is the shiro plum

Fascinating.  Thank you for sharing your history with us.

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 24, 2018, 09:17:15 PM
Fascinating.  Thank you for sharing your history with us.
You are so very welcome

but what I remember most was walking hand in hand thru the flood to a person we used to call a bum who lived on the Indian Mound who gave us shelter in his house and never asked for a thing in return,,that is how I live my life now.

zeebo

Jinger I would like to know what you think about the American Iron Chef show vs. the original Japanese one.

I know this is abit late but since I have been getting a lot of post about me I figured I would fill more in.  My father was born in 1936 and my mother in 1937 both is Los Angeles, Ca., both full blooded Japanese and both were sent to a Relocation Camp in Arizona where they met.  My mother died in February 2018 at the age of 81 and my father died one week later at the age of 82.  Both my parents loved the United States and even thought they were wronged they still loved her until the day they died.  In 1977 I joined the US Military at 18 years of age and was an American Citizen.  When I turned 21 I had a choice to make, keep my American Citizenship or become a Japanese Citizen.  As a 1st. Lt. on her way to making Captain the choice was not easy, give up a right that my parents never had and still loved a country that put them in confinement or... the choice did not seem like a choice, but I chose to become a Japanese Citizen even though my parents were against it.  I retired with 20 yrs as an LTC and until their dying days they could never figure out why I chose to give up something so dear to them that they could never get by birth and still serve the Country that put them in Relocation.  I have no bad feelings towards the US, I just did my Duty as I took an Oath too and when that Duty was complete I went my separate way.

Sean92008

I wish Japan allowed dual citizenship for my kids.  In Japan, their family is quite accomplished, their ogiichan says they should choose to be Americans though because they're raised here.

Times have changed but was doing the green card thing difficult?

I still think their future is in Japan, even if just newsreaders.

paladin1991

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on June 12, 2018, 12:13:37 AM
I know this is abit late but since I have been getting a lot of post about me I figured I would fill more in.  My father was born in 1936 and my mother in 1937 both is Los Angeles, Ca., both full blooded Japanese and both were sent to a Relocation Camp in Arizona where they met.  My mother died in February 2018 at the age of 81 and my father died one week later at the age of 82.  Both my parents loved the United States and even thought they were wronged they still loved her until the day they died.  In 1977 I joined the US Military at 18 years of age and was an American Citizen.  When I turned 21 I had a choice to make, keep my American Citizenship or become a Japanese Citizen.  As a 1st. Lt. on her way to making Captain the choice was not easy, give up a right that my parents never had and still loved a country that put them in confinement or... the choice did not seem like a choice, but I chose to become a Japanese Citizen even though my parents were against it.  I retired with 20 yrs as an LTC and until their dying days they could never figure out why I chose to give up something so dear to them that they could never get by birth and still serve the Country that put them in Relocation.  I have no bad feelings towards the US, I just did my Duty as I took an Oath too and when that Duty was complete I went my separate way.
Wow.  That's a very tight timeline.  18 in '77 when you enlist.  I assume that you graduated fm high school?  You went to OCS, where a friend dies, and three years later you are up for Captain.  You go fm enlisted to eligible for Captain. In three years.  Did you finish your years of college during those three years?  Am I understanding you?  Shit, you must be one incredible split tail. 
Post some sexy pics or we know you are a dude pretending to be a chick pretending to be.....

chefist

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on April 19, 2018, 03:26:58 PM
I am Jinger Rat Snapps,, I am lead sales for North America in Sake.  I am Japanese American, my father was alsao Japanese American and his father was totally Japanese.  My father came here in the late 60's to sell Sake, he made a meager living until he started to take his sales on the road, he got a tractor trailer licence and begane traveling from Pittsburgh, Pa to Florida saleing sake as he went,, I was 13 years old at the time and my story starts here

Pretty good character...had me fooled a couple of weeks ago...good job. Bob.

Quote from: chefist on June 12, 2018, 09:09:13 PM

Bob, eh?  That kind of blows that whole Yukikko  persona....................

chefist

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 12, 2018, 09:24:07 PM

GravitySucks

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 12, 2018, 09:24:07 PM

Maybe it is Michelle from Japan.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: chefist on June 12, 2018, 09:09:13 PM

I refuse to believe jingers name is bob desu~

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on June 12, 2018, 09:35:47 PM
I refuse to believe jingers name is bob desu~

Don't ever leave this site man.................

chefist

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 12, 2018, 09:31:12 PM
Well at least we still have Telly and Big Chicken

Telly and Big Chicken are two of my favs.