• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Universal Basic Income (UBI)

Started by Zenman, February 05, 2018, 06:36:16 PM

paladin1991

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 17, 2019, 10:59:31 AM
German basic income:

Shit.  Waaaay too late for that scam.  I could have gone on a 3 month vacay, got a BS job and then had the krauts pay me to go home fm my vacay.

Hard Case

Functional UBI (not the failed work-replacement handouts tabulated above) is not "free money"; it's the dividend of one's share in a prosperous state.

And it's been working in reddest America for 43 years.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Hard Case on April 10, 2019, 10:23:47 AM
Functional UBI (not the failed work-replacement handouts tabulated above) is not "free money"; it's the dividend of one's share in a prosperous state.

And it's been working in reddest America for 43 years.

So, you mean if the state does well I’ll do well? Sign me up, comrade! All hail the state! ;D

Asuka Langley

The yang gang meme is dead, no UBI yang bux 4 u lads gomenasai...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIc75hfoqqg

Jojo

Quote from: paladin1991 on February 09, 2018, 01:08:19 AM
dumbasses who worship at the church of the NFL
"Every 'Given' Sunday".  I think something about that phrase they've used as well as their devotion smells a bit Satanic.

Jojo

Quote from: WOTR on December 30, 2018, 02:33:15 AM
Did you read it?  "The UBI's basic premise is not new. But it remains controversial, even among libertarians."

Even among libertarians? As thought that is the group most likely to support giving out free money from the government?
You are right.  Hard to believe Noory identifies with them.  They want to eliminate food stamps.  With my blood sugar issues, I'd be at risk of death or retardation/coma without food stamps.  I suppose they want to end subsidies and bailouts, too, though.  They actually think people would give me charitable food out of the kindness of their hearts!  Well, sure, there can be food banks, but I'm deathly allergic to half the stuff there plus the allotments hardly compare to food stamps most of the time.  For those of you who knock food stamps, my wages are less than they were 25 years ago, while the same one-bedroom apartment has gone from $395 to $1200.  For the last 10 years, I hear cashiers complaining about not getting enough hours to cover basics and that's what's been happening to me, too, ever since off-shoring.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 21, 2019, 12:17:13 PM
https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/alcohol-abuse/faq/alcoholism-sugar-addiction-related/
I don't drink.  I stopped many years ago.  Yes, some damage was done.  But, I didn't get full blown hypoglycemia until right after being shocked badly by a power outlet which would not let me go until the shocking stopped on its own.  From that day on, I had really, really bad hypoglycemia.  Too bad about that.  Because the likely damage from alcoholism was already enough.

I guess there's 200 calories in even just a shot of hard liquor with no sweetener added.  So, five of those a night is like 1000 fast sugar calories.  But, I was slimmer when I drank.

paladin1991

Quote from: Jackstar on June 23, 2019, 08:59:09 AM
I research.
Jackyboy.  You had a serious injury, didn't you?  don't you collect a check?  What type and how often?  Are you able to make ends meet with that?

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 23, 2019, 08:59:09 AM
I research.
"I guess" was not intended literally.  It is a turn of phrase.  Obviously I researched, or I wouldn't know the number of calories in a shot.

Jackstar

Quote from: Sixteen on June 24, 2019, 12:23:33 AM
Obviously I researched

What's the longest number of days you've gone without shoving processed sugar down your gullet? The judges will only accept answers in the form of an integer.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 24, 2019, 01:33:45 AM
What's the longest number of days you've gone without shoving processed sugar down your gullet? The judges will only accept answers in the form of an integer.
I have completed 6 months sweetener free during my life.

What's the longest number of weeks you've gotten some physical exercise AND ate non-starchy vegetables?

Didn't you know I switched to dark molasses last year?  For potassium reasons.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 26, 2019, 12:12:33 AM
https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2016/10/13/studies-show-that-some-foods-may-be-as-addictive-as-heroin-and-cocaine/#3b5187c95611

Last winter, I became allergic to bananas.  After a weird experience with either tomatillos or lisinopril.

Potassium is a pain killer.  I've been in pain since 1972.  Dark molasses also has calcium and magnesium.  In combination with VitC, it offsets side effects of blood pressure meds.  I mean, I could try potassium pills, but I would rather get it in food form.  Blood tests have shown that I am consistently low on potassium, both before and after blood pressure meds.  I don't like being low on potassium, because I have a lot of physical pain, and it's a pain killer.  Took me years to figure this out.  Doctors should test all people who are in chronic pain for potassium deficiency.  I don't think a few TB a day are any problem.  It's an electrolyte, esp with a little lemon.  I could just take Metamucil, but I have difficulty swallowing & Metamucil makes me nervous.  So, of prunes or molasses, molasses is by far superior.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Sixteen on June 21, 2019, 04:44:38 AM
"Every 'Given' Sunday".  I think something about that phrase they've used as well as their devotion smells a bit Satanic.

I've always wondered what Satanic smells like.

Zenman

I'm no longer in favor of UBI. I had said earlier that I'd be in favor of it if it were financed by those who are in favor of it. I just figured out that I'd be included in the group who pays for it if I were in favor of it, so, never mind, not in favor.

Jojo

Quote from: AZZERAE on June 26, 2019, 11:23:23 AM
I've always wondered what Satanic smells like.
Pretty sure smoke and burning crap, at least in the end.  What do you think abt the 1000 years?  Satan could repent then?

Jojo

Will UBI pay for housing?  'Cuz all the homelessness solutions in the world don't make a real difference if housing remains unaffordable.