• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Alex Jones

Started by Frys Girl, April 07, 2009, 08:57:10 PM

Guy

I think at one point I believed they might care about misinformation or adding to the culture of  paranoia and fear, but now I think they know that is exactly what they are doing and they do not care because they've tapped a market and must be making money.

It is too bad.   There are some guests who are off the wall a bit or unusual but not extreme and they make for great shows.    But the kind of paranoia and hate and outright misinformation some of these people give should make any decent person shy away from giving them air time.    The irony, of course, is all the patriotism and such they prattle on about when in fact what they are doing is doing great harm to the country's psyche.

texaskdog

Funny how many times he tells us something is happening and when it is proven true, people act like its not a big deal, like the Verizon calls.    If you trust that our government doesn't like to us, and that Obama and Bush aren't bad guys, you won't like Alex Jones.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: texaskdog on June 07, 2013, 11:39:53 AM
Funny how many times he tells us something is happening and when it is proven true, people act like its not a big deal, like the Verizon calls.    If you trust that our government doesn't like to us, and that Obama and Bush aren't bad guys, you won't like Alex Jones.

Hmmm, the black/white position...right/wrong... by the law of averages AJ will be right once or twice..But the times over the last twenty odd years he's been so stupendously wrong or so is staggering, it can't be quantified. He said in 2009 that everyone who refused the imminent distribution of the compulsory flu vaccine would be arrested and stuck in a FEMA camp by 2010...Didn't happen...Nor have all the martial law edicts that have been passed since about 2007...Nor have the ICBM's that were coming over to the USA in the final hours of 1999..which coincided with the worlds computers shutting down...Want me to go on?

"Facts are stubborn things", Yorkie...  It's considered bad form, old sport, to insert facts where mere gut feeling and passionate ignorance will do. 

Man, it must be happy hour somewhere, right?  Alex Jones is a grifter.  He's making a nice living off of resentment, fear, misinformation, and ignorance.

Juan

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 07, 2013, 01:55:29 PM
He said in 2009 that everyone who refused the imminent distribution of the compulsory flu vaccine would be arrested and stuck in a FEMA camp by 2010...Didn't happen..
Are you sure?  Maybe all of us in the US are in FEMA camps and are putting you on. Perhaps we're government agents lined up on your trail. Didn't know you were that important, did you?

Guy

Jones Technique  #4

Take a long paragraph, remove 4/5/s of the words and reassemble what is left into a sentence that you then attribute to the person who wrote the original paragraph, only now you have a sentence in which the person says the opposite of what they originally said and appears to be saying something you want to use against the person.

Twice I looked up the original source and then emailed C2C to clarify for them how Jones had misrepresented something.   This was back when I was dumb enough to think they cared.

Jones is not the only person to do this sort of thing, obviously.    But he so frequently selectively pieces together information that anyone who thinks about it will find him and his interpretations totally lacking in insight or value.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Guy on June 08, 2013, 06:54:28 AM
Jones Technique  #4

Take a long paragraph, remove 4/5/s of the words and reassemble what is left into a sentence that you then attribute to the person who wrote the original paragraph, only now you have a sentence in which the person says the opposite of what they originally said and appears to be saying something you want to use against the person.

Twice I looked up the original source and then emailed C2C to clarify for them how Jones had misrepresented something.   This was back when I was dumb enough to think they cared.

Jones is not the only person to do this sort of thing, obviously.    But he so frequently selectively pieces together information that anyone who thinks about it will find him and his interpretations totally lacking in insight or value.

Isn't that the same technique used when a new film is promoted (especially the turkeys)?

The original revue might read:

"Incredible how this cliche'd and frankly dull franchise has managed to develop a new definition of tedious; Seldom have I been moved to leave a showing two thirds of the way through the premier, but I was so tempted on this occasion, The CGI is something else though"

(The Daily film maker newspaper)...Fictitious

The poster?

"Incredible...CGI is something else"

AJ does similar. Both are disingenuous and more than economical with the truth.

ziznak

Quote from: West of the Rockies on June 07, 2013, 04:50:46 PM
"Facts are stubborn things", Yorkie...  It's considered bad form, old sport, to insert facts where mere gut feeling and passionate ignorance will do. 

Man, it must be happy hour somewhere, right?  Alex Jones is a grifter.  He's making a nice living off of resentment, fear, misinformation, and ignorance.
Yup... he's like a cartoon character or something.  Some people must really think that character exists... the lone hero that's seen the wizard behind the curtain.  In that bbc interview he's plugging his damn web site constantly and quite shamelessly. 

Isn't that considered a bit rude to plug anything like that?  Isn't it normally done only when the host opens the door for it?  He's blurting out his damn infowars site almost under his breath sometimes after everything he's yelling.

Also, he said something that was apparently such a good argument that he followed by saying "Boom!"  Its been my experience that the statement followed by "boom" is almost always 100% wrong.

btw infowars.com people.  you want the trufffff infowars.com
BOOM

Abby Normal

Quote from: West of the Rockies on June 07, 2013, 04:50:46 PM
Alex Jones is a grifter.  He's making a nice living off of resentment, fear, misinformation, and ignorance.

Grifter is a good description of Jones.  To make a career out of the suffering, dismemberment and deaths of innocent men, women and children (not to mention their grieving families) is beyond obscene.  The BBC presenter gave Jones exactly the treatment he deserved, calling him an idiot.  Anyone and everyone interviewing Jones should give him the same treatment - tell him to his face what he is - a contemptible, subhuman waste of oxygen.

Noory and Wells are equally contemptible for giving this obscene waste of oxygen air time on 500 plus radio stations.

b_dubb

Alex Jones: America's Favorite Apoplectic Baboon

ziznak

Quote from: Abby Normal on June 10, 2013, 09:54:12 AM

Noory and Wells are equally contemptible for giving this obscene waste of oxygen air time on 500 plus radio stations.
Not to mention how they hold him up like he's the golden standard of trewwwwf... there's always some man-love time before they go into whatever crap he has to say.

awake

Quote from: texaskdog on June 07, 2013, 11:39:53 AM
You write about A.J. as if he's some kind of messianic figure.  If you really believe that A.J. has foretold any truths let's tally up his prophetic "truths" and count his hits and misses.  Nothing vague, lay it out. Share the grand plan, where are all those fema camps again?  I think he will score as poorly as any other messiah.

Abby Normal

Want to see a fan of Alex Jones in action?  His name is Mark Kessler and he's the Chief of Police of Gilberton, Pennsylvania.  He posted an obscenity-laced rant on YouTube telling "libtards" to go F**k themelves.  Then he posted an "apology."  You can watch his apology video here  http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/harrisburg_politics/Behold-the-police-chief-of-Gilberton-PA.html

You can visit his personal webpage here: http://www.chiefkessler

His personal webpage includes a link to Alex Jones. 

Abby Normal

Be sure to click the link and watch the "apology" video.  His "apology" includes more rants and a demonstration of his automatic weapons.   I would imagine the town where he's Chief of Police features a lot of banjo music and chubby men on all fours squealing like a pig.  But no Burt Reynolds.  Alex Jones must be very proud.

b_dubb

Pennsylvania is a mixed bag. Philly is a proper city, Pittsburg is a former manufacturing powerhouse in the middle of a reboot, small towns and ski resorts. And any number of towns that were boom during the height of domestic steel production but have now collapsed so completely as to make Detroit look like the picture of success. I imagine Chief Kessler is policing a ghost town. No town or city with a future would tolerate nonsense like this from a police chief. And for those who have seen "The Road" ... they filmed a lot of that movie in such a former boomtown.

Uncle Duke

Guys like Jones are more than just amusing nutjobs, they can actually be dangerous. 

Back in the late 90s, a local radio station had a small-time Jones wannabe doing the Sunday 9pm-midnight show.  This character kept railing about how the government was going to use the impending disaster of Y2K to allow UN forces to take over the country, and that all decent, God-fearing Americans were going to be thrown in FEMA concentration camps.  Each week the details, from his "sources", kept getting grimmer and grimmer.

A couple weeks before Y2K, this idiot got a call on the air from a guy who I'm sure had more fingers than teeth.  The caller started off telling the host about how much he loved America, and that the thought of his wife and two young daughters being forced to live in camps was too much.  As a result, he and his wife had decided to take their own lives and that of their children at the stroke of midnight on 1 Jan 2000.  He was going to shoot the little girls in their sleep, then shoot his wife before turning the gun on himself.  His last comment was "God Bless the United States of America".

The host lost it, literally begged the guy to call back, but he never did.  The station's week day talk show hosts also asked the guy to call them.  That host's show went off the air not too long after that.  As far as I know, there was no report of a family suicide on New Years. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 25, 2013, 12:38:36 PM
Guys like Jones are more than just amusing nutjobs, they can actually be dangerous. 

Back in the late 90s, a local radio station had a small-time Jones wannabe doing the Sunday 9pm-midnight show.  This character kept railing about how the government was going to use the impending disaster of Y2K to allow UN forces to take over the country, and that all decent, God-fearing Americans were going to be thrown in FEMA concentration camps.  Each week the details, from his "sources", kept getting grimmer and grimmer.

A couple weeks before Y2K, this idiot got a call on the air from a guy who I'm sure had more fingers than teeth.  The caller started off telling the host about how much he loved America, and that the thought of his wife and two young daughters being forced to live in camps was too much.  As a result, he and his wife had decided to take their own lives and that of their children at the stroke of midnight on 1 Jan 2000.  He was going to shoot the little girls in their sleep, then shoot his wife before turning the gun on himself.  His last comment was "God Bless the United States of America".

The host lost it, literally begged the guy to call back, but he never did.  The station's week day talk show hosts also asked the guy to call them.  That host's show went off the air not too long after that.  As far as I know, there was no report of a family suicide on New Years.

If it wasn't a spoof, it does lend credence to having aptitude tests before being allowed to breed. Sadly it's easier to do that then have a driving licence. If it happened and the Deliverance candidate did carry out that awful act, then the wannabe shock jock should have been held culpable. If the crime didn't exist, they should make one.

yumyumtree

Well, remember there were people who were planning drastic things, like killing their pets, for 2012. I don't know if that's was one of Jones' things or not. We don't get him in this market, and I'm glad. Actually I think one old girl who was a guest of George had been suggesting people put down pets and I believe it was discussed in these boards back when I still just lurked. I think there was a case of a 2012 believer in the news who had been making plans to put his pets down. He had been making inquiries at the veterinarian's about euthanasia drugs. Naturally those are controlled substances that no ethical provider would dole out for home use. If they did, there would be serious legal repercussions. They're kept in the safe with limited access, even among staff. I know because Ive worked in the business. I hope Jones a d these characters sleep well at night knowing that they may inflame people who may be not playing with a full deck in the first place.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: yumyumtree on July 26, 2013, 09:31:23 PM
Well, remember there were people who were planning drastic things, like killing their pets, for 2012. I don't know if that's was one of Jones' things or not. We don't get him in this market, and I'm glad. Actually I think one old girl who was a guest of George had been suggesting people put down pets and I believe it was discussed in these boards back when I still just lurked. I think there was a case of a 2012 believer in the news who had been making plans to put his pets down. He had been making inquiries at the veterinarian's about euthanasia drugs. Naturally those are controlled substances that no ethical provider would dole out for home use. If they did, there would be serious legal repercussions. They're kept in the safe with limited access, even among staff. I know because Ive worked in the business. I hope Jones a d these characters sleep well at night knowing that they may inflame people who may be not playing with a full deck in the first place.

I think Jones has studiously avoided condoning imminent end of the world scenarios; He's clever enough to realise that putting out stuff that might take place r things that could be happening incognito is a win win.. He learned his lesson on that back in december 1999. The USA were going to be obliterated from silos in Russia.. maybe he'd been on the electric soup and he got carried away, but either way, he knew he was wrong. Suggesting the planet will be swallowed up next week screws him up when it doesn't happen.

His expertise is pandering to the redneck mentality; throw a grenade into the hole and wait a while before it goes off. In the meantime he's planted the seed and let the fetid imagination of the toothless but tooled up do the rest. If of course someone did go out and really believe the local police station was a hot bed of anti population, murderous UN backed Russian stormtroopers, and a blood bath ensued; AJ would completely wash his hands and say it was nothing to do with him.

Cynnie

I lived in texas for 3 years ..alex jones is a god there ..those were the longest 3 years of my life , i honestly think texans are devolving a bit quicker than the rest of us ( although im from nc so my people are riiiiight there beside them )

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 25, 2013, 12:38:36 PM

That's interesting. That's almost identical to events that took place during the John Todd saga. Families reacted in the same way when he told them that they would be imprisoned in internment camps run by the Illuminati and Satanists, but these suicide threats took place in the '70s (the more things change?). Do you have a link to any information on the story in your post?

Mels-hole1984

Are you folks trying to tell me the Illuminati isn't real? i think Alex Jones is dis-info. There is a lot of truth to be had there, but I think he is a puppet...What are your thoughts on Bill Cooper?

stevesh

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on August 06, 2013, 04:33:07 AM
Are you folks trying to tell me the Illuminati isn't real? i think Alex Jones is dis-info. There is a lot of truth to be had there, but I think he is a puppet...What are your thoughts on Bill Cooper?

My brother recently gave me his copy of Cooper's epic "Behold A Pale Horse" - unreadable idiocy. Cooper was a narcissistic nutjob.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on August 06, 2013, 04:33:07 AM

Okay I'm game; What irrefutable evidence do you have to support the idea that Alex Jones talks a lot of truth?

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 06, 2013, 04:57:29 AM
Okay I'm game; What irrefutable evidence do you have to support the idea that Alex Jones talks a lot of truth?

A friend of mine gave me a copy of "Rise of the police state" dvd, This was a few years ago...Building 7 "Pull it"

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: stevesh on August 06, 2013, 04:47:00 AM
My brother recently gave me his copy of Cooper's epic "Behold A Pale Horse" - unreadable idiocy. Cooper was a narcissistic nutjob.

Did you actually read the book? I know I did. I' proud to have "Behold a pale horse" on my bookshelf. Do you think they murdered him for no reason?

stevesh

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on August 06, 2013, 06:04:12 AM
Did you actually read the book? I know I did. I' proud to have "Behold a pale horse" on my bookshelf. Do you think they murdered him for no reason?

I sure did, though I regretted the time wasted when I was finished. 'They' didn't murder Cooper. He was killed in a firefight with sheriff's deputies who came to his home to serve a fugitive warrant.

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: stevesh on August 06, 2013, 06:13:41 AM
I sure did, though I regretted the time wasted when I was finished. 'They' didn't murder Cooper. He was killed in a firefight with sheriff's deputies who came to his home to serve a fugitive warrant.

Fugitive warrant for what?... Whistle blowing?

Mels-hole1984

Probably for the same reason Hunter Thomson killed himself...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on August 06, 2013, 05:56:11 AM
A friend of mine gave me a copy of "Rise of the police state" dvd, This was a few years ago...Building 7 "Pull it"

And that is your evidence? Are you serious? A dvd? So if the dvd was played n Youtube you'd say that was your irrefutable evidence?