• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Podcasts You Listen To?

Started by Faustina, October 28, 2017, 07:40:57 PM

Faustina

What are some of your favorite podcasts? 

I love Radio Free Burrito, Sword and Scale, Bizarre States, Euphomet, Realm of the Weird, Crimetown and Weird Tales & The Unexplainable. 

Astonishing Legends, Hardcore History, Lore are some I listen to

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Faustina on October 28, 2017, 07:40:57 PM
What are some of your favorite podcasts? 

I love Radio Free Burrito, Sword and Scale, Bizarre States, Euphomet, Realm of the Weird, Crimetown and Weird Tales & The Unexplainable.

Faustina! nice to see you are back and posting a bit. Missed you.. You were always one of my favorite posters. I'll check those podcasts out. Thanks!

Peace to ALL

Faustina

Quote from: WhiteCrow on October 28, 2017, 08:22:46 PM
Faustina! nice to see you are back and posting a bit. Missed you.. You were always one of my favorite posters. I'll check those podcasts out. Thanks!

Peace to ALL

Thanks, WhiteCrow!   :D

starrmtn001

Quote from: Faustina on October 28, 2017, 09:29:52 PM
Thanks, WhiteCrow!   :D

Welcome back, Faustina!  I'm glad to see you have returned. :D

Uncle Duke

I found "The UFO Channel" on the XiiaLive App a few weeks ago, an interesting mix of presentations by UFO researchers/authors at various modern day UFO conferences and rebroadcasts of live UFO news stories and interviews from back in the late 40s/early 50s.  The bad news is many of the guys who sound lame on C2C and other shows are equally lame in lectures and panel discussions, but others shine in an environment where they control the flow of the discussion without 3x5 card questions being thrown at them without rhyme or reason. There was a presentation on Kecksburg I heard a few nights ago that was far and away the best I've heard.

The old radio broadcasts are really good, although they make up a limited amount of air time.  Best I've heard so far is an interview (I think by Walter Winchell) of Ken Arnold shortly after his famous sighting in 1947.  There was also a rebroadcast of an actual radio news report of the death of Capt Thomas Mantell while in pursuit of a UFO over Kentucky in 1948.

Here's one I listen to occasionally, when nothing else available, "Conspiranormal"
This one is kind of funny, the inimitable Adam Gorightly is included.
http://conspirinormal.podomatic.com/
From the frozen North:https://www.forumborealis.net/
and this one:http://skeptiko.com/
I'll post more if you are really interested.

cweb

I consider the Knapp shows podcasts, since I seldom catch them live. So those.

Hardcore History, The Unexplained, Ark Midnight (depending on topic), Euphomet, Dark City, Common Sense

Lola2001

Expanded Perspectives! This show ROCKS!

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Lola2001 on November 09, 2017, 11:24:51 PM
Expanded Perspectives! This show ROCKS!

I gave them a listen, and they're alright. Just a bit True Believerâ,,¢ for me.

In this episode ( http://www.expandedperspectives.com/we-are-never-alone/ ) they talked about the following:
QuoteThen, a commercial airline passenger on a flight from Toronto to Edmonton spotted a strange bright object appearing to be at the same altitude. He took pictures with a Galaxy S8+ cell phone before the object flew off to the east.
One of the guys said they had never seen another airplane go by when flying in an airplane. Really? I don't fly often but I have. It's pretty cool. If they're going in the opposite direction you can get an idea of how fast you're actually traveling, its like a bullet going by.

grimerica.ca
Canadian,eh?
Ask Jim Malliard, rumor has it he has a podcast.

The Michael Decon show. http://michaeldecon.com/ formerly known as "End of Days Radio"
The Sage of Quay. http://www.sageofquay.com/

Robert

This probably doesn't count as a podcast, since it's just a separately archived feature from a radio-and-stream program, but lately I've been listening to Muriel's Treasure.  I've been a regular listener to Irwin (one of my favorite WFMU programs) for decades, but I'd forgotten he'd done these (and I'd listened to at least some of it live a decade ago) until I was steered to it lately.  I'd heard someone else's calypso program on another station, and it whetted my appetite for more.

Considering how much there is of stream-on-demand out there, including archives of programs I like but frequently miss, it seems I should be listening to that more, but I always find myself listening to scheduled streams or radio instead.  Lately I've been listening to an awful lot of Dark Matter's stream, which is mostly reruns -- it'd be hard to fill most of the schedule w 1st-run stuff of this nature & this good -- and finding it very interesting & entertaining.  Some of the programs are available elsewhere for no-charge stream-on-demand, including bonus material in some cases, and some by subscription.  Dreamland's DMDN stream seems to be mostly a come-on for their paid subscriptions.  And as I've written, MITD may be DMDN's weakest programming, which is not surprising considering it's in the middle of the night, traditionally where one would park a weak program and/or treat as developmental.  It's an anomaly that it was considered the flagship because Art Bell & because it's DMDN's original production rather than externally produced as is most of their schedule.

ChicagoGal

Guys We F***ked is a personal fave

JoeRupe

Quote from: Original Larry on January 01, 2018, 05:32:30 PM
https://www.spreaker.com/show/lighting-the-voids-show

Hey, Thanks for listening!

My personal faves are Spaced Out Radio at spacedoutradio.com, The Michael Deacon Program End Of Days, and I like to listen to horror narrators like Dark Waters at www.iamdarkwaters.com. He retells stories that have been reported to him.

Juan Cena

Zen Tiki Lounge and Shutdown FULLCAST are the only ones I follow regularly.

Swishypants

Quote from: ChicagoGal on January 03, 2018, 12:05:13 PM
Guys We F***ked is a personal fave

Really!? I had you figured for "My arms are freakishly long, WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO ME!?"

Epaphroditus

Quote from: Robert on December 31, 2017, 07:15:02 AM
This probably doesn't count as a podcast, since it's just a separately archived feature from a radio-and-stream program, but lately I've been listening to Muriel's Treasure.  I've been a regular listener to Irwin (one of my favorite WFMU programs) for decades, but I'd forgotten he'd done these (and I'd listened to at least some of it live a decade ago) until I was steered to it lately.  I'd heard someone else's calypso program on another station, and it whetted my appetite for more.

Considering how much there is of stream-on-demand out there, including archives of programs I like but frequently miss, it seems I should be listening to that more, but I always find myself listening to scheduled streams or radio instead.  Lately I've been listening to an awful lot of Dark Matter's stream, which is mostly reruns -- it'd be hard to fill most of the schedule w 1st-run stuff of this nature & this good -- and finding it very interesting & entertaining.  Some of the programs are available elsewhere for no-charge stream-on-demand, including bonus material in some cases, and some by subscription.  Dreamland's DMDN stream seems to be mostly a come-on for their paid subscriptions. And as I've written, MITD may be DMDN's weakest programming, which is not surprising considering it's in the middle of the night, traditionally where one would park a weak program and/or treat as developmental.  It's an anomaly that it was considered the flagship because Art Bell & because it's DMDN's original production rather than externally produced as is most of their schedule.

Incorrect, MITD has that time slot for the same reason as Coast or other live call in programs of the paranormal variety . With 25 time zones the vast majority of paranormal fans are listening at those times .

TigerLily

I'm listening to a really interesting podcast serial about Watergate called "Slow Burn". I posted a longer review in Random Politics but didn't want to repeat it here. mv will spank. Praise mv

But here are the particulars on where to find it

TigerLily recommended. Each episode is around 30 minutes. I'm listening on TuneIn, just search "Slow Burn podcast". And here is the website to listen to the podcasts and I'm assuming the RSS feed

http://www.slate.com/articles/podcasts/slow_burn.html

Swishypants

Quote from: TigerLily on January 10, 2018, 12:43:51 PM
I'm listening to a really interesting podcast serial about Watergate called "Slow Burn". I posted a longer review in Random Politics but didn't want to repeat it here. mv will spank. Praise mv

Stop telling us about your venereal disease regret!

GravitySucks

Burnt out on paranormal so I have been trying a few different ones.

Joe Rogan experience - just random guests when I think the subject might interest me.

Guys we F****d - just call it opposition research. I heard them on Joe Rogan. Pretty left wing out of NYC. Bateman should try and get on their show.

American History Tellers - new podcast which I hope will fill the gaps between Hardcore History episodes.

Bizarre History - newer podcast on strange twists.

Hardcore History Addendum - found two episodes that aren't on the normal feed.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 11, 2018, 10:20:37 AM
Burnt out on paranormal so I have been trying a few different ones.

Joe Rogan experience - just random guests when I think the subject might interest me.

No matter what guest he has, he manages to steer the conversation back to his own pet subjects. He could have Stephen Hawking or the Dalai Lama in there, and it would end up being about diet ('ketosis, man'), MMA, and getting high.