• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Black Death Outbreak And It Is Airborne

Started by 21st Century Man, October 25, 2017, 03:41:16 PM

9 countries in East Africa have reports of the Plague now and are issuing warnings for inhabitants and tourists.

The affected countries are:

Madagascar
Ethiopia
Kenya
Tanzania
Mozambique
South Africa
Reunion
Mauritius
Seychelles

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4765804/black-death-warning-in-nine-countries-including-brit-holiday-hotspots-amid-fears-plague-could-spread-on-flights-from-madagascar/

aldousburbank

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 25, 2017, 03:41:16 PM
9 countries in East Africa have reports of the Plague now and are issuing warnings for inhabitants and tourists.

Madagascar
Ethiopia
Kenya
Tanzania
Mozambique
South Africa
Reunion
Mauritius
Seychelles

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4765804/black-death-warning-in-nine-countries-including-brit-holiday-hotspots-amid-fears-plague-could-spread-on-flights-from-madagascar/

I have a friend who just arrived from South Africa. Fortunately I thoroughly fumigated her.

Gd5150

Madagascar
Ethiopia
Kenya
Tanzania
Mozambique
South Africa
Reunion
Mauritius
Seychelles

Are the Obamas ok?

Quote from: Gd5150 on October 25, 2017, 04:19:25 PM
Are the Obamas ok?

Yes, they are fine along with all of their rich, white liberal friends in Martha's Vineyard.  lol

Roswells, Art

Madagascar
Ethiopia
Kenya
Tanzania
Mozambique
South Africa
Reunion
Mauritius
Seychelles

I'm going to need Jackstar to weigh in on this.

ShayP

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 25, 2017, 04:15:07 PM
I have a friend who just arrived from South Africa. Fortunately I thoroughly fumigated her.

That's hot.

Hog

in the 14th century, the Earths population was about 450 million people. Plague reduced that number down to approx. 350 million. The population didn't recover until 3 centuries had passed.

"Yersinia Pestis" was the bacteria was responsible for both Plague and Beubonic Plague.
Nasty stuff.

peace
Hog

Deadly airborne plague in Madagascar is now at 'crisis' point and the 'worst outbreak in 50 years' as cases rocket by almost 40% in just 5 DAYS and could hit a further 20,000 in weeks

The World Health Organization now states there are 1,801 suspected cases
This is significantly higher than the 1,309 the agency reported last Thursday
Professor Robin May, an infectious diseases expert at Birmingham University, told MailOnline that the outbreak is 'concerning definitely'
Analysis of figures by MailOnline show the epidemic could strike a further 20,000 people in just a matter of weeks, if current trends continue
The 'unprecedented' outbreak has prompted warnings in 9 nearby countries

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5043497/Deadly-airborne-plague-cases-rocket-40.html

pate

Quote from: ShayP on October 25, 2017, 05:46:00 PM
Aren't we immune to that by now?

False Flag, airBourn'Ebola, or 'Elba had difficulty decoding alol after "rubicon ?ill?twins?17?m..." is this one of thos Mi4 tests again?

Not Sure

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pate on November 08, 2017, 11:55:18 PM
False Flag, airBourn'Ebola, or 'Elba had difficulty decoding alol after "rubicon ?ill?twins?17?m..." is this one of thos Mi4 tests again?

Not Sure

naught shore

Top story on Drudge now.

Plague fears grow as Malawi becomes tenth African nation put on alert for the spread of the killer disease

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5072717/Plague-fears-grow-Malawi-10th-nation-alert.html

WOTR

"At least 143 people have died and more than 2,000 others have been infected in Madagascar since an outbreak in early August this year..."

I'm still not going to risk holding my breath to avoid the plague yet.  I'll try to reevaluate the cost / benefit of doing so after at least 200 people die of it...  On the other hand, it is flu season and as I understand things, it mows down 36,000 American each year. (I'm quite certain that the majority of them are people in good health and middle aged and not the old, extremely young, infirm or those whose health is already compromised.)

Finally, I promise not to dig up my dead relatives and risk infection... "The tradition called Famadihana practised by the Malagasy people involves digging up dead relatives, wrapping them in fresh cloth and dancing with them before putting them back underground...."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5018793/Plague-alert-Madagascars-dance-dead.html

Quote from: WOTR on November 11, 2017, 10:42:45 PM
"At least 143 people have died and more than 2,000 others have been infected in Madagascar since an outbreak in early August this year..."

I'm still not going to risk holding my breath to avoid the plague yet.  I'll try to reevaluate the cost / benefit of doing so after at least 200 people die of it...  On the other hand, it is flu season and as I understand things, it mows down 36,000 American each year. (I'm quite certain that the majority of them are people in good health and middle aged and not the old, extremely young, infirm or those whose health is already compromised.)

Finally, I promise not to dig up my dead relatives and risk infection... "The tradition called Famadihana practised by the Malagasy people involves digging up dead relatives, wrapping them in fresh cloth and dancing with them before putting them back underground...."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5018793/Plague-alert-Madagascars-dance-dead.html

Wise choice!  LOL

I'm just taking the bull by the horns on this story and seeing where it will lead.  Nice to see you, WOTR.

WOTR

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 11, 2017, 10:45:53 PM
Wise choice!  LOL

I'm just taking the bull by the horns on this story and seeing where it will lead.  Nice to see you, WOTR.

good to see you as well.

I got a little jaded after the bird flu (or swine flu, or SARS... I forget which it was now.)  They actually had to exhume an 80+ year old who they had thought died of other causes to find their first "victim" of the latest dreaded disease in Canada.  While other people were worried that it was in the country, I was laughing hysterically that they actually had to dig up a dead guy to find their "victim" (as though he were struck down in the prime of his life.)

I get that the plague could be a little more serious- but I already live on the edge by not wearing insect repellent and inviting west nile virus (actually, I don't know that I have even heard one story last summer after a year or two of hysteria...)

In closing (and in the tradition of jumping all over the map), Ebola is one scary disease.  Glad it never really made it over here...

Did you ever get your vacation?

Jojo

Quote from: WOTR on November 11, 2017, 10:54:18 PM
good to see you as well.

I got a little jaded after the bird flu (or swine flu, or SARS... I forget which it was now.)  They actually had to exhume an 80+ year old who they had thought died of other causes to find their first "victim" of the latest dreaded disease in Canada.  While other people were worried that it was in the country, I was laughing hysterically that they actually had to dig up a dead guy to find their "victim" (as though he were struck down in the prime of his life.)

I get that the plague could be a little more serious- but I already live on the edge by not wearing insect repellent and inviting west nile virus (actually, I don't know that I have even heard one story last summer after a year or two of hysteria...)

In closing (and in the tradition of jumping all over the map), Ebola is one scary disease.  Glad it never really made it over here...

In the news, I heard some west nile cases.  But it seems mostly to affect fetuses!

Quote from: Jojo on November 12, 2017, 12:02:32 AM
In the news, I heard some west nile cases.  But it seems mostly to affect fetuses!

some ferociously randy mosquitoes wouldn't you say?

Quote from: WOTR on November 11, 2017, 10:54:18 PM
good to see you as well.

Sorry man for responding so late.  Yeah, had a great vacation.  I wear insect repellent all of the time if I'm working outdoors during the hot season.  I'm not all that alarmed.  If it spreads to the West then I'll start worrying. 

Black Death plague escalates as DOCTORS struck down by lethal disease sweeping Madagascar

Doctors have issued warnings about a new strain of the airborne disease which “can kill in three hours”, local reports say.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/660252/black-death-plague-doctors-madagascar-latest-news-update-disease

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/660127/new-black-death-outbreak-kill-three-hours-Madagascar-death-toll-video

This "can kill in 3 hours" statement is a  bit scary.

Jojo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 16, 2017, 12:31:27 AM
Sorry man for responding so late.  Yeah, had a great vacation.  I wear insect repellent all of the time if I'm working outdoors during the hot season.  I'm not all that alarmed.  If it spreads to the West then I'll start worrying. 
Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on November 12, 2017, 12:24:40 AM
some ferociously randy mosquitoes wouldn't you say?
Yeah.  Reminds me of Biblical prophecy that pregnant women sill stay in mountains.....

Lord Grantham

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 16, 2017, 12:32:41 AM

This "can kill in 3 hours" statement is a  bit scary.

At least it's over quickly.

You know, there was a outbreak of the plague in the US a few years back. http://www.freep.com/story/news/health/2015/09/14/bubonic-plague-case--michigan/72273070/ and I seem to remember a high school aged guy who died of the plague but can't find any links to it. So it happens here.

edit: here he is https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/06/20/officials-rare-form-plague-killed-colorado-teen/29056459/

ItsOver

Quote from: WOTR on November 11, 2017, 10:42:45 PM
...Finally, I promise not to dig up my dead relatives and risk infection... "The tradition called Famadihana practised by the Malagasy people involves digging up dead relatives, wrapping them in fresh cloth and dancing with them before putting them back underground...."
I hope this isn't giving Jorch any ideas.  He'd probably like to sing to them, as well.  ::)

George Dances with 'Ghost' at St. Louis Event

Jackstar

QuoteA reply to the continued fear mongering headlines about the plague in Madagascar

Guess what people? The plague is in the United States, and has been for over 100 years.

If you have ever hiked in national parks and monuments in the desert southwest, you will have seen signs warning people that the plague is in the area, and not to get bit by fleas. Many desert animals carry it. Here's a nice writeup about the plague from a Veterinary blog and it is the same plague that is in Madagascar. The plague always goes aerial when someone is to the stage of dying and is coughing.

QuoteAnother outbreak of plague has been found in New Mexico and Arizona. From January to July 2017, New Mexico has three confirmed cases of Yersinia pestis. This bacteria causes plague in humans. Arizona prairie dogs in Cocinino county near Williams, Arizona suddenly started dying this summer. Testing revealed Y. pestis bacterium caused their deaths. Now, fleas in Navajo county have tested positive as well. Plague often occurs in the desert southwest states from May through October.

People develop plague after being bitten by a flea infected with Y. pestis within 2 to 6 days. If the bacterium is inhaled, the onset of clinical signs is only 1 to 3 days. Unlike people, cats contract the plague after eating infected rodents. Clinical signs in animals and people include swollen lymph nodes, fever and general malaise. Plague has three different syndromes in humans and cats. Dogs are naturally resistant to the plague. Bubonic plague is the first stage that occurs when the bacterium settles into the lymph nodes of the head and neck. With time, the glands may rupture and drain a bloody material. Pneumoic plague occurs when the bacterium spreads from the lymph nodes to the lungs. Septicemic plague occurs when the bacterium enters the bloodstream and spreads throughout the body. This form is rare in cats.

Intensive treatment with antibiotics and fluids must be started early to prevent death. Infected patients, animals as well as humans, are quarantined to prevent infecting others. Because of the extremely poor prognosis and rapid progression of the disease, treatment is often started before an actual diagnosis is confirmed. If plague is suspected, start treatment.

Avoiding the bacterium is the key to prevention. Keep cats indoors to prevent exposure to rodents. For the benefit of humans and cats who live with dogs, routinely use flea control products on the dogs. Clear out rodent habitats around homes. Humans should wear gloves when handling wild animals. Most human deaths are in either hunters who were bitten while handling their prey or veterinary professionals who were exposed when treating a sick cat. This happens to vets and staff because draining buboes on the head and neck look similar to cat fight abscesses. More information can be found at the Centers for Disease Control.

This is precisely why I have been telling people the headlines about the plague are a hoax.

The plague is already global. If you want to catch the plague, go to an area of the United States that has signs warning it is in the area, and sleep on the ground. Absent you doing that, there is little to worry about if you don't get too friendly feeding the squirrels.

courtesy: jimstone.is

Quote from: Roswells, Art on October 25, 2017, 05:07:17 PM
I'm going to need Jackstar to weigh in on this.

About two and a quarter.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Jackstar on November 16, 2017, 08:01:56 AM
This is precisely why I have been telling people the headlines about the plague are a hoax.

The plague is already global. If you want to catch the plague, go to an area of the United States that has signs warning it is in the area, and sleep on the ground. Absent you doing that, there is little to worry about if you don't get too friendly feeding the squirrels.

hmm. That inner quote sounds a lot like how Kathy Lutz from the Amityville house died after she moved to Arizona. I did a quick search and all I come up with now is she died from emphysema. I'll look further and report back.

About two and a quarter.

Muscle or fat?

About two and a quarter.

I'm just catching the wave to see where it goes.  ;)

Quote from: Lord Grantham on November 16, 2017, 07:49:05 AM
At least it's over quickly.

You know, there was a outbreak of the plague in the US a few years back. http://www.freep.com/story/news/health/2015/09/14/bubonic-plague-case--michigan/72273070/ and I seem to remember a high school aged guy who died of the plague but can't find any links to it. So it happens here.

edit: here he is https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/06/20/officials-rare-form-plague-killed-colorado-teen/29056459/

I seem to remember hearing about those cases.