• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sports Kneelers

Started by Zenman, September 24, 2017, 02:09:25 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 26, 2017, 05:19:46 PM
And you're doing fuck all about it. Just posting on Bellgab. You're the real hero!  :D

I'm not POTUS, and I don't have a twitter account..  :-\

chefist

New pro team...the Newburgh Kneelers...

aldousburbank

Quote from: Jackstar on September 26, 2017, 05:05:56 PM
I swear I get a tear in my eye when I realize just how perfect for the job the man really is.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 26, 2017, 02:52:25 PM
So let me get this straight.  Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee kneeled today in honor of the flag.  So now they are kneeling like subjects toward a king? LOL.  All of these people need to get on the same page becuase this is making less and less sense as each day goes by.

The surprise isn't that fat ass kneeled, it's that she was able to get back up by herself. 

Gd5150

Get your decoder rings. Now all you have to do to be called a racist is be called a racist. (By the left of course). 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

https://youtu.be/Qf62CrEGS1A

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 26, 2017, 05:17:57 PM

Meanwhile three and half million people on Puerto Rico have no power, water, and little food. Demolished towns and villages and more of the same for the foreseeable.

If Trump makes a comment about something, he shouldn't because there are so many other more important issues to address.  If he doesn't make a comment about some issue, he should have.  Any comments he does make either went too far, didn't go far enough, weren't made in the proper sequence, or he should have said it differently.  ''Son of a bitch'' is now considered lewd language.

You get these criticisms can be said about any comment he makes, or any issue he doesn't comment on, right?  You do get that you're a tool for going along with this dishonest reporting and repeating it, right?

Why shouldn't Trump express his opinion about dumb ballplayers being manipulated by the Far Left - when everyone else is?  Why is he the one singled out for being devisive?  Seems to me pretty much all the fans are disgusted with the players, not with Trump.  When Stef Curry makes numerous statements all summer - from the day the Warriors won the championship right up until last week - about how he doesn't want to go to the White House and won't go, why is Trump the one who's being devisive when he says fine, they won't be invited? 

Zenman

If Trump gets a law thru to make standing mandatory during the anthem, I'm wondering what the penalty would be for non-compliance.  I imagine something more severe than a fine, like being expelled by force from the stadium and being suspended or even fired. Who knows, maybe even jail time.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Zenman on September 26, 2017, 07:51:47 PM
If Trump gets a law thru to make standing mandatory during the anthem, I'm wondering what the penalty would be for non-compliance.  I imagine something more severe than a fine, like being expelled by force from the stadium and being suspended or even fired. Who knows, maybe even jail time.

Will there be fines for excessive celebration if people show too much pride and patriotism?  ???

Zetaspeak

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 25, 2017, 09:59:27 PM
NFL is OFFICIALLY over, Jerseys burning, Ratings Plummeting, Trump wins again.  9.25.17.

I'd love to know what exactly is "winning" in all of this. How does this NFL feud really help anyone or anything.

But I really want to touch on this "NFL ratings" myth. As normal Trump is taking credit for something he had nothing to do with. Network ratings as a whole has fallen for years across the board (Shows, specials, sports etc) due to the 1,000 channel cable universe, DVR and streaming/download options. This includes conservative loving sports like Nascar.

The NFL is even more so, due to them pushing Sunday Ticket (which is a service you can watch any game) and NFL Redzone (which jumps game to game to whoever is close to scoring) which does take away from people watching the single network option.

BTW last night Monday Night Football improved from the previous week which improved from the first week. Also This weeks (Week 3) game was much better than last week Week 3 game.
First three weeks of 2017 and 2016 audience
WEEK 1 2017 Game1 11,392,000 / Week 1 2016 Game1 12,960,000
WEEK 1 2017 Game2   9,928,000 / Week 1 2016 Game2 10,250,000
WEEK 2 2017             12,287,000 /  Week 2 2016           12,140,000
WEEK 3 2017         13,691,000 /  Week 2 2016        8,050,000

This weeks MNF rating http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/monday-cable-ratings-sept-25-2017/

All of 2016 MNF ratings https://tvaholics.blogspot.ca/2016/12/ratings-review-monday-night-football.html

Quote from: Zenman on September 26, 2017, 07:51:47 PM
If Trump gets a law thru to make standing mandatory during the anthem...

No one is suggesting that.  The suggestion is the business owners take control of what their employees are doing on company time, but it's only a request/suggestion.

Quote from: Zetaspeak on September 26, 2017, 08:59:11 PM
I'd love to know what exactly is "winning" in all of this. How does this NFL feud really help anyone or anything...

Someone should ask the players

Dr. MD MD

I'd love to know what exactly is "winning" in all of this. How does this NFL feud really help anyone or anything.

But I really want to touch on this "NFL ratings" myth. As normal Trump is taking credit for something he had nothing to do with. Network ratings as a whole has fallen for years across the board (Shows, specials, sports etc) due to the 1,000 channel cable universe, DVR and streaming/download options. This includes conservative loving sports like Nascar.

The NFL is even more so, due to them pushing Sunday Ticket (which is a service you can watch any game) and NFL Redzone (which jumps game to game to whoever is close to scoring) which does take away from people watching the single network option.

BTW last night Monday Night Football improved from the previous week which improved from the first week. Also This weeks (Week 3) game was much better than last week Week 3 game.
First three weeks of 2017 and 2016 audience
WEEK 1 2017 Game1 11,392,000 / Week 1 2016 Game1 12,960,000
WEEK 1 2017 Game2   9,928,000 / Week 1 2016 Game2 10,250,000
WEEK 2 2017             12,287,000 /  Week 2 2016           12,140,000
WEEK 3 2017         13,691,000 /  Week 2 2016        8,050,000

This weeks MNF rating http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/monday-cable-ratings-sept-25-2017/

All of 2016 MNF ratings https://tvaholics.blogspot.ca/2016/12/ratings-review-monday-night-football.html

I guess the Democrats should stop trying to politicize every aspect of life in this country but that's what totalitarians do.  ::)

Zenman

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 26, 2017, 07:57:25 PM
Will there be fines for excessive celebration if people show too much pride and patriotism?  ???

Maybe just a penalty box where you can't see the game.

Zenman

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 26, 2017, 09:01:31 PM
No one is suggesting that.  The suggestion is the business owners take control of what their employees are doing on company time, but it's only a request/suggestion.

9 hrs. ago:
Donald Trump calls for NFL to create rule mandating players stand for national anthem
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/09/26/donald-trump-wants-nfl-create-rule-mandating-players-stand-national-anthem/703318001/

So the players claim they are pulling these stunts during the National Anthem to show unity as a team.

In other words, the handful of players that were disrespecting the country before got the rest of the players to join them as a show of unity, instead of dropping their protests and re-joining their teammates.  Why is it everyone else always has to knuckle under to the PC crowd, or be branded ''divisive''? 

Why didn't the one or two guys on each team just drop it and move on instead?  Even Colon Kapernich said if he got signed he would stop disrespecting the country before games, although that was more of a capitulation to get a fat contract than an actual change of heart.

GravitySucks

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 26, 2017, 09:26:36 PM
So the players claim they are pulling these stunts during the National Anthem to show unity as a team.

In other words, the handful of players that were disrespecting the country before got the rest of the players to join them as a show of unity, instead of dropping their protests and re-joining their teammates.  Why is it everyone else always has to knuckle under to the PC crowd, or be branded ''divisive''? 

Why didn't the one or two guys on each team just drop it and move on instead?  Even Colon Kapernich said if he got signed he would stop disrespecting the country before games, although that was more of a capitulation to get a fat contract than an actual change of heart.

That is BS. Estimates were 200 didn't stand. 1472 dress out any given week. Someone is blowing smoke.

GravitySucks

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 26, 2017, 09:20:39 PM

Well, that would be an NFL rule, not a law.  Big difference.

And it's already apparently in the NFL rulebook:

Turns out that it is in their "Operations Manual" that is given to each team, but it is not in the official rule book. Not sure what the difference is.

Zetaspeak

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 26, 2017, 09:02:35 PM
Someone should ask the players

We Americans could choose to have my money go or not go to the NFL out of protest

Citizens can't choose if their money goes to the Prez and his admin or not.

That's the difference, he is not a private citizen or a private business anymore. He IS the Government. He should use his time to deal with important things, not on how a private business slaps the wrist of their employee. Or how saying people who peacefully protest to lose their job. It's not a government place to do that.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Zetaspeak on September 26, 2017, 09:37:34 PM
We Americans could choose to have my money go or not go to the NFL out of protest

That's the difference, he is not a private citizen or a private business anymore. He IS the Government. He should use his time to deal with important things, not on how a private business slaps the wrist of their employee. Or how saying people who peacefully protest to lose their job. It's not a government place to do that.

I'd say preventing the Democrats from fomenting a race war in this country IS pretty important.  ::)

=Schlyder=

the NFL's revenues and rating are sinking faster than Michael Moore in a canoe. LOL

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 26, 2017, 09:32:23 PM
That is BS. Estimates were 200 didn't stand. 1472 dress out any given week. Someone is blowing smoke.

It went from about 8 to 200, with plenty of others linking arms or whatever else.  The 200 must not count the whole Steelers team staying in the tunnel.  I think the fans want to see them simply standing at attention, hats off, protesting on their own time.

We'll see what happens next week.  Surely the owners know they shouldn't turn off any portion of their fan base, and will delicately get the word out to the players that they've made their point - and that regardless of what they meant to convey, the message people got is they are attacking the flag and country.

Quote from: Zetaspeak on September 26, 2017, 09:37:34 PM

And if he didn't weigh in, the media would have attacked him for that.

GravitySucks

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 26, 2017, 09:49:16 PM
And if he didn't weigh in, the media would have attacked him for that.

It takes less time for Trump to type out a Tweet than it did for Obama to go sneak out back for a cigarette.

I always thought he should cool it, but he sure seems to know how to keep the MSM focused on chickenshit stuff... parsing every word. 

Gd5150

Of corse there's no "winning" it's a leftwing cause. That's how all their causes are. Done on purpose of course.

This started out as a protest over a specific incident. When it turned out the evidence didn't support the wild headlines, they changed the cause.

Now it's "racial inequality". How's that measured? When will we know we've reached the goal? What is the goal?
Or unequal pay for women. How's that measured? A bunch of cherry picked facts that don't coincide with reality?
Or man made climate disruption. Again, unmeasurable.
Or minimum wage. When is it enough? Why cant an amount be set and the tied into inflation?

It's always this way with the left. Vague unspecific goals with unmeasurable progress. It's because these causes aren't about fixing problems, they're about getting the lemmings to the polls.

Professional sports are entertainment. Part of their lure was how they brought us all together. But the left can't have that. They only thrive when they create hate and division. So now theyll attack sports. Just like they did with entertainment. And science. And education.

Liberalism/progressivism is a cancer that only thrives when there's ignorance and hate.

Quote from: Gd5150 on September 26, 2017, 10:55:58 PM
... Professional sports are entertainment. Part of their lure was how they brought us all together. But the left can't have that. They only thrive when they create hate and division. So now theyll attack sports...

Correct