• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Bill O'Reilly is out at Fox News

Started by Up All Night, April 19, 2017, 02:03:45 PM

Up All Night

It's okay... Bill was absolved by the Pope today for any wrong doings. I wonder how much that cost him ??

the_Stranger

What position do y'all think Trump will offer O'Reilly?

Quote from: albrecht on April 19, 2017, 08:38:42 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/rupert-murdoch-loves-hillary-clinton/
It isn't just the sons. Murdoch was/is about the money and might be somewhat conservative on things like taxes but he is no libertarian, nationalist, social conservative, or populist- unless there is money to be made there. He saw a niche in the American news market and found a way to make lots of money. Smart move. But if opinions shift or that market get saturated he will go which ever way makes his company money. He has tried to get into the Latin media market all the while having the people think "oh Fox supports borders so I will listen to them." And his media empire is not just in the USA and he doesn't have any particular loyalty to it. (He got US Citizenship to get around the then laws about foreign ownership of media, likely.)
http://multimedia.cbs.com/news/murdochs-new-york-post-endorses-hillary/

Ailes was a large reason the network succeeded.  Without him, it will flounder.  Conservatives have abandoned other networks and they will abandon Fox News if it just turns into another liberal news network.  Then some new network will come along and take up the gauntlet.

Lilith

Jackstar

Quote from: RoseGirl on April 19, 2017, 07:55:46 PM
how does it feel to be boorish, ignorant and altogether irrelevant?

Gay.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on April 19, 2017, 07:46:09 PM
Yeah, that's the problem.  Fox will be deprived of it's essential character and become just another CNN, NBC, or BBC and I'll be without a news channel I can relate to.  Shit!

Using your logic, women should just shut up and endure harrassment because its more important the 'character' gets his own way with women, rather than do the job he's employed to do? How does that work out in the REALWORLDâ,,¢ usually?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 19, 2017, 11:30:23 PM
Ailes was a large reason the network succeeded.  Without him, it will flounder.  Conservatives have abandoned other networks and they will abandon Fox News if it just turns into another liberal news network.  Then some new network will come along and take up the gauntlet.

Jeeeze, have you heard yourself? I can only imagine you and the other victim blamers are single and celibate and haven't had a relationship with the opposite sex.

You know don't you that Ailes was fired because he abused women and covered it up to the extent that the HR department was considered a pointless entity to complain to? Yes? O'Reilly's first complaints came in thirteen years ago, and nothing was done. Or since, until yesterday. Fox aren't normal when it comes to dealing with such matters.

And that isn't because the rest of the world are employing 'liberal' ideals. They're employing common human decency. Why should anyone go to work knowng they might have to take unwelcome advances and a career fall f they complain or rebuff? Or do you think its just an occupational hazard and is an unwritten clause in tbe contract?

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 20, 2017, 07:46:48 AM
Using your logic, women should just shut up and endure harrassment because its more important the 'character' gets his own way with women, rather than do the job he's employed to do? How does that work out in the REALWORLDâ,,¢ usually?

When I used the term "essential character" I was not referring to an individual.  I was talking about the network's character as in its nature or perspective.  It was a tongue in cheek comment that was obviously lost on you. When did you loose your sense of humor?

Jackstar

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on April 20, 2017, 08:14:47 AM
When did you loose your sense of humor?

I've been surreptitiously gathering it all up into soft little balls to slam into my ears to end the incessant, ceaseless drumming.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on April 20, 2017, 08:14:47 AM
When I used the term "essential character" I was not referring to an individual.  I was talking about the network's character as in its nature or perspective.  It was a tongue in cheek comment that was obviously lost on you. When did you loose your sense of humor?

He never had one.  ;)

Kolchak

O'Reilly has started a 17 minute daily podcast on his website. It's pre-recorded. He has complete control over it - no Murdoch overlords - and it's funded by his loyal subscribers. Anyone who called his firing a "win" is delusional. This seems like the best spot he could possibly be in.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kolchak on April 27, 2017, 02:21:42 PM
O'Reilly has started a 17 minute daily podcast on his website. It's pre-recorded. He has complete control over it - no Murdoch overlords - and it's funded by his loyal subscribers. Anyone who called his firing a "win" is delusional. This seems like the best spot he could possibly be in.

Totally! AND he got 25 million to walk away from Fox too.  ;)

Kolchak

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 27, 2017, 02:23:30 PM
Totally! AND he got 25 million to walk away from Fox too.  ;)

Ironically, I remember when people were telling Art to switch to this podcast model saying they'd accept and pay for shortened shows. The infrastructure was in place. Too bad he had no interest.

the_Stranger

With O'Reilly gone from lamestream media will Carlson pick up the mantle and help win the War On Christmas?

Kidnostad3

Quote from: the_Stranger on April 27, 2017, 03:20:29 PM
With O'Reilly gone from lamestream media will Carlson pick up the mantle and help win the War On Christmas?

Do you ever know what you're talking about?  I hope so because others have no fucking idea and you should have somebody who understands you and gives a shit about what you have to say. 

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 20, 2017, 07:55:31 AM
Jeeeze, have you heard yourself? I can only imagine you and the other victim blamers are single and celibate and haven't had a relationship with the opposite sex.

You know don't you that Ailes was fired because he abused women and covered it up to the extent that the HR department was considered a pointless entity to complain to? Yes? O'Reilly's first complaints came in thirteen years ago, and nothing was done. Or since, until yesterday. Fox aren't normal when it comes to dealing with such matters.

And that isn't because the rest of the world are employing 'liberal' ideals. They're employing common human decency. Why should anyone go to work knowng they might have to take unwelcome advances and a career fall f they complain or rebuff? Or do you think its just an occupational hazard and is an unwritten clause in tbe contract?

I was merely commenting on facts.  I  was not talking about whether I approve of how Ailes and O'Reilly conducted themselves around women.   I would never follow their example.

FYI.  I'm married for 20 years, this October.

the_Stranger

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on April 27, 2017, 04:12:27 PM

Do you ever know what you're talking about?  I hope so because others have no fucking idea and you should have somebody who understands you and gives a shit about what you have to say.
Are you saying you've never seen or heard of O'Reilly's "War On Christmas" spots?
Here's a refresher for you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRNgoC5eEV4&t=117s