• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Critical Omissions with Douglas Dietrich

Started by Walks_At_Night, April 11, 2017, 08:01:43 PM

Don't forget the other crazy landing craft where the door/ramp opens from the front and a hail of Jap bullets greets the Marines. Who the hell invented that crazy thing? The Marines should have invaded the beach with a armored tank that floats on side mounted pontoons so that enemy bullets would have no effect and they could blast the defenders to dust with the main gun.

Gunner65

Quote from: sneaksie-taffer on November 09, 2019, 06:17:13 PM
Don't forget the other crazy landing craft where the door/ramp opens from the front and a hail of Jap bullets greets the Marines. Who the hell invented that crazy thing? The Marines should have invaded the beach with a armored tank that floats on side mounted pontoons so that enemy bullets would have no effect and they could blast the defenders to dust with the main gun.

Low tides prevented some U.S. landing crafts from clearing the coral reefs that ringed the island. Japanese coastal guns pounded the snagged vessels and desperate Marines gave up on freeing the boats and instead waded toward shoreâ€"hundreds of yards awayâ€" through chest-deep water amidst enemy fire. Despite heavy resistance from the 4,500 Japanese troops dug in on Betio, the Marines finally took the island after a bloody, 76-hour battle in which both sides suffered heavy casualties.

The miscalculation in tides meant that only the LVT (Landing Vehicle Tracked) where the only landing craft able to make it past the reefs surrounding the island.  The LVTs did not have armored hulls and many were taken out of action due to machine gun fire putting holes through their hulls.  The Higgins boats that were supposed to be used would have been better suited for the job because they offer more protection for the soldiers in the boat and can take small arms fire but they could not clear the reef.

Just another situation where we did not have the equipment for invading over coral reefs by the time we invaded.  They should have blasted the Japanese coastal positions more with Air and Naval gunfire.

This is largely the reason that Navy UDT/SEAL Teams were created - to blow paths in the reefs etc.

Quote from: Gunner65 on November 09, 2019, 11:45:16 AM
Here it is, Godlike Productions, not Above Top Secret.
Good part starts around 1:30:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8p9c-Cdsao&list=PLEpr4aa9rk9pMQJBCkF1PgtsWHInBGbiC&index=42

Ha!   I remember listening to that live. 

QuoteEnd of story................

Gunner65

Lol  :) "End of story!..End of story! Shut up!.. You will shut up and you will listen!.. Are you gonna shut up?" HAHAHAAAAHAAA!

Quote from: Gunner65 on November 09, 2019, 07:56:35 PM
Lol  :) "End of story!..Shut up, you will shut up and listen, are you gonna shut up?" HAHAHAAAAHAAA!

I can't imagine what his sessions with his mental health Doctor is like.

Pelayo

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 09, 2019, 07:46:33 PM
Ha!   I remember listening to that live.
First of all I'd like to point out to Mr military historian ddd that the word for military bombs and such is ORDNANCE not ordinance (minute mark @1:22:10) and that if they floated down rice paper balloon bombs down the Yakima valley they would miss the Hanford nuclear reservation. And the Bonneville dam is way over closer to Portland than it is to Hanford and the Tri-cities. And even if they did blow up the Bonneville dam there are ten other hydro-electric dams in the US and three others in Canada on the Columbia river. Notice, not on the Yakima river. You can look it up ddd you fucking lying sack of shit.

Gunner65

Exactly!  That show was a rare glimpse of Dietrich when he is confronted with people who know the history or can fact check him on the fly.  This is why Dietrich is not really ever "interviewed" he is given air-time because he refuses to answer any questions.  What he says is what the "truth" is, "end of story."  Being asked legitimate questions about his claims, using proof to refute him, is considered by Dietrich to be an "ambush:

What is so pathetic about his angry rantings in the video is that pages of the actual document Dietrich uses to base his claims,  being displayed during the video, actually prove him to be wrong!

"The Treaty of San Francisco, also called the Treaty of Peace with Japan re-established peaceful relations between Japan and the Allied Powers after World War II. It was officially signed by 49 nations on September 8, 1951, in San Francisco, California at the War Memorial Opera House. It came into force on April 28, 1952, and officially ended the American-led Allied occupation of Japan. According to Article 11 of the treaty, Japan accepts the judgments of the International Military Tribunal for the Far East and of other Allied War Crimes Courts imposed on Japan both within and outside Japan.

This treaty served to officially end Japan's position as an imperial power, to allocate compensation to Allied civilians and former prisoners of war who had suffered Japanese war crimes during World War II, and to end the Allied post-war occupation of Japan and return full sovereignty to that nation. This treaty made extensive use of the United Nations Charter and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights to enunciate the Allies' goals.

This treaty, along with the Security Treaty signed that same day, is said to mark the beginning of the San Francisco System; this term, coined by historian John W. Dower, signifies the effects of Japan's relationship with the United States and its role in the international arena as determined by these two treaties and is used to discuss the ways in which these effects have governed Japan's post-war history.

This treaty also introduced the problem of the legal status of Taiwan due to its lack of specificity as to what country Taiwan was to be surrendered, and hence some supporters of Taiwan independence argue that sovereignty of Taiwan is still undetermined."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBONNq0UH3w&t=11s

Gunner65

Freak Dietrich posts someone else cosplay photo as himself. (again)

Photo:  YUEGENE FAY https://twitter.com/yuegene_fay/status/988781806974464000

Gunner65

This thread has had a constant, sustained viewing by 10-20 guests for a period of 5 hours from 9 am to 2 pm today.

That may not seem like a lot of people, but what it indicates to me is that they spent a considerable amount of time (5 hours) reviewing the posts on this thread.  I find that somewhat unusual.  I also find it encouraging.  :)

Gunner65

An additional note to my previous post this morning regarding Dietrich's claims about the Treaty of San Francisco:

The treaties Dietrich claims as being associated with the UN were not signed at the Presidio.  They were signed at the War Memorial Opera House and Herbst Theater.  The War Memorial Opera House is an opera house in San Francisco, California, located on the western side of Van Ness Avenue across from the west side/rear facade of the San Francisco City Hall.

"It is part of the San Francisco War Memorial and Performing Arts Center. It has been the home of the San Francisco Opera since opening night in 1932.

It was the historic groundbreaking site for the organizing assembly San Francisco Conference for the new United Nations Organization (UNO or U.N.) in April 1945, inspired by recently deceased 32nd President Franklin D. Roosevelt, following World War II, to replace the previous faltering League of Nations, from the Versailles Treaty and Paris Peace Conference, ending World War I in 1919, inspired by 28th President Woodrow Wilson.

In spring of 1945, the United Nations had its San Francisco Conference (UN Conference on International Organization) first organizing assembly there. The UN Charter was later drafted and signed in the Herbst Theatre next door. Six years later in 1951, the Treaty of San Francisco, declaring peace with Japan was drafted and signed here and in the Herbst Theatre."
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Memorial_Opera_House

"Distinguished as the historic site of the United Nations Charter signing in 1945"
https://www.sfwmpac.org/herbst-theatre

"This is all open-source information, you can look this shit up" - Douglas Dietrich

Douglas Dietrich is full of shit!

Gunner65

Dietrich appears to be "producing" for himself alone tonight.

Gunner65

I appreciate the guests here but I must inform you that Douglas Dietrich was NEVER a US Marine.

This is the 244th USMC birthday today.  Dietrich is NOT a Veteran.  VA employee Gary D States was removed from his previous position following an investigation in 2017 by the VA OIG.

DIETRICH DOES NOT EVEN KNOW THE DATE OF THE USMC BIRTHDAY!

He just said  Veterans Day and the USMC birthday are the same day!  Says it is USMC "Birthday eve-day"  What an asshole!

Gunner65

Dietrich begins by attacking Rose Dio and Pavel Privara...Michael Aquino...Niall Parkinson...

Pelayo

The term for your dad ddd would be cuckold. Like in Hitler cuckolded your dad George.

Gunner65

Now Dietrich will lie about losing another producer.  Brenden Zoghet is gone.  "Has found a job"

Gunner65

Dietrich is pissed and nasty tonight. Sounds tired and confused.

Pelayo

Ha! One of ddd's cult followers asked about the new Midway movie, you know, Americas Trafalgar in its trimphant march towards its ultimate victory over the racist japs.

Gunner65

"A generator in the basement, dried food."

Gunner65

Quote from: Pelayo on November 10, 2019, 07:20:43 PM
Ha! One of ddd's cult followers asked about the new Midway movie, you know, Americas Trafalgar in its trimphant march towards its ultimate victory over the racist japs.
I watched the movie this afternoon.  https://www3.123movies.gdn/midway-2-watch-free/

Pelayo

"Brendan, I love you like a son, who I used to fuck when she was a female hooker until she had an addadictomy and then married a gay sugar daddy."-    ddd

Pelayo

Quote from: Gunner65 on November 10, 2019, 07:23:08 PM
I watched the movie this afternoon.
I know at least one film critic who panned it.

Pelayo

Hey ddd, those creatures living in your pubes are called crabs.

Gunner65

Quote from: Pelayo on November 10, 2019, 07:28:00 PM
I know at least one film critic who panned it.
Too much CGI, not enough historical accuracy.  I am not a film critic but I would compare it to the earlier version. 

At any rate, Dietrich is fucking clueless. Claiming himself as a "Military Historian" is a joke.

Pelayo

"Uh, uh, uhhhhh, the japs meant to lose 4 aircraft carriers at Midway, Yeah, that's the ticket. Aircraft carriers are overrated and just slow down the battle groups. Yeah, that's it." -ddd

Gunner65

More BS about "training for USMC"...by swimming in San Francisco Bay with a "cap" on his head to keep him from getting hypothermic...I bet Dietrich failed swim qualification and had other problems.  This is why he was rejected from the USMC.

Pelayo

Speaking of the USPS, I start my seasonal assignment with them on Tuesday like I did last year. So if you don't see me for awhile, it's because I will be working during the show.