Started by heater, March 29, 2017, 08:59:59 PM

zeebo

A few more award categories:

Best Starter of Threads about the Voynich Manuscript and/or Chemtrails
Best Use of Roy Orbison in an Avatar
Best Username that Rhymes with Bamazotz Bottomat

Jackstar

Quote from: RoseGirl on April 01, 2017, 01:53:01 PM
It's pretty clear most folks don't want me here.

Oh, Crystal.

Jackstar

Quote from: Daniel End of Days Radio on March 31, 2017, 09:44:32 PM
At this point we are looking at schedules and planning out our segment.

Seriously, I can only get so erect.

WOTR

Quote from: themudking on April 01, 2017, 01:52:49 PM
Things are happened! Time slots to host a mini gabcast of your own during the BellGabathon are going to start filling up fast

Have you reached out to Heather yet?  Art recently reminded the board that "she is one of us." Certainly she would want to be a part of this historic event?  :D

Quote from: RoseGirl on April 01, 2017, 01:53:01 PM
Good to see you too, by the way. How's things?
Not so bad.  Still trying to figure out the snakes from the bladders.  So far, I am not batting a good average.  ;)

***Sometimes I am busy trying to figure out if I am a stake or a bladder.  8)

RoseGirl

Quote from: WOTR on April 01, 2017, 02:38:39 PM
Have you reached out to Heather yet?  Art recently reminded the board that "she is one of us." Certainly she would want to be a part of this historic event?  :D
Not so bad.  Still trying to figure out the snakes from the bladders.  So far, I am not batting a good average.  ;)

***Sometimes I am busy trying to figure out if I am a stake or a bladder.  8)

Oh me too...I waffled. Stake, bladder...bladder, stake. None of it makes much sense anymore, does it? Oh well.

Actually, I am in regular contact with Heather and I don't think she would participate. She's a tad busy these days. And she was rather surprised the other day when I mentioned that they still have a MITD thread on BellGab....so it's not much on her radar, if at all.

Muddy mentioned that perhaps I could do a recorded shout-out. Hmmm...interesting. I have a few ideas. Perhaps a short roving reporter segment from the deep arctic...complete with windy sound effects. Sort of a penguin/white out report. Nah. Too silly. Too creative.

I'll keep thinking.

WOTR

Quote from: RoseGirl on April 01, 2017, 02:47:55 PM
Actually, I am in regular contact with Heather and I don't think she would participate. She's a tad busy these days. And she was rather surprised the other day when I mentioned that they still have a MITD thread on BellGab....so it's not much on her radar, if at all.

Well... I suppose Art did use the past tense.  I'm still trying to figure out why it is that I should be proud of somebody who is ashamed of me?  It seems a little odd to think that people should support somebody who refuses to acknowledge their existence.

Quote from: Art Bell on March 23, 2017, 10:30:48 PM
...It seems to me that the people in this forum should be proud of her, she was after all one of us.

Art

I like your idea for a shout out.  I may do one if I can get close enough to a plane taking off that the noise drowns out my voice completely...  ;)

RoseGirl

Quote from: WOTR on April 01, 2017, 03:00:16 PM
Well... I suppose Art did use the past tense.  I'm still trying to figure out why it is that I should be proud of somebody who is ashamed of me?  It seems a little odd to think that people should support somebody who refuses to acknowledge their existence.

I like your idea for a shout out.  I may do one if I can get close enough to a plane taking off that the noise drowns out my voice completely...  ;)

Heather is not ashamed of anything, trust me. But people here did give her a bit of a hard time...in fact, they pretty much turned on both Art and on Heather. Quite viciously. So why should they want to entertain people who hate them and want to hurt them?

If you want me to pass on a message though, I can certainly do that. I speak with Heather quite regularly and I do....ahem...even have Art's private cell phone number. (psst...that's a secret, though).  :)

zeebo

Quote from: RoseGirl on April 01, 2017, 03:14:11 PM
Heather is not ashamed of anything, trust me. But people here did give her a bit of a hard time...in fact, they pretty much turned on both Art and on Heather. Quite viciously....

This is true but just for the record it's a generalization.  Many supported both for a long time and still have no ill will towards either of them, even if they have moved on.

RoseGirl

Quote from: zeebo on April 01, 2017, 03:21:50 PM
This is true but just for the record it's a generalization.  Many supported both for a long time and still have no ill will towards either of them, even if they have moved on.

Hard to believe when they are so silent. Much of BG seems to be about trashing the talent.

It's just sad. All of BellGab could have come along for the ride, if they had wanted. Oh well. It's a big internet.

zeebo

Quote from: RoseGirl on April 01, 2017, 03:26:27 PM
Hard to believe when they are so silent. ...

Like I said, many have moved on and have little to say about it now.  If you doubt there was ever support you'd have to go back and read earlier posts.  In fact I did just that a while back, re-reading the live thread on Heather's first official Mon. nite show and there was alot of good will there - especially considering the circumstances Art threw her and his audience into. 

RoseGirl

Quote from: zeebo on April 01, 2017, 03:33:02 PM
Like I said, many have moved on and have little to say about it now.  If you doubt there was ever support you'd have to go back and read earlier posts.  In fact I did just that a while back, re-reading the live thread on Heather's first official Mon. nite show and there was alot of good will there - especially considering the circumstances Art threw her and his audience into.

Oh I don't doubt that there was support. Not at all. But you must admit, BG soon devolved into trash talk, slander and smear tactics. And, yes, the supporters moved on. I certainly did and don't regret it.

Look, Art has no ill will toward BG and either does Heather. It's just kind of 'yesterday's bubblegum', I guess. BellGab made their choices and so did Art and Heather. No biggie.

Jackstar

https://archive.is/Fapqq

QuoteWatkins himself is 43 years old, bald, well over 6ft and broad with it. He speaks with giddy enthusiasm about his twin passions: animals and finding things. As a young man, he put his imposing frame and keen eye to use as a police constable in the West Midlands, where he grew up, but left the force when a particularly nasty defendant threatened to slit his throat during a criminal trial, and he was desperate to find something else to fill his life.

zeebo

Quote from: RoseGirl on April 01, 2017, 03:40:10 PM
Oh I don't doubt that there was support. Not at all. But you must admit, BG soon devolved into trash talk, slander and smear tactics....

Or maybe, after a brief moment of optimism, it just went back to its roots.   ;)

RoseGirl

Quote from: zeebo on April 01, 2017, 03:49:28 PM
Or maybe, after a brief moment of optimism, it just went back to its roots.   ;)

lol Well...there's that.

;D

So then I guess BG shouldn't be surprised when people turn away from them. Cause/effect.

RoseGirl

Run away, actually....screaming, with their hair on fire. But I digress.

WOTR

Quote from: zeebo on April 01, 2017, 03:49:28 PM
A little piece of truth.

I know right from the start there were a number of people who were not upset (yes, lots were.)  I know that for a very long time I said that I would continue to support her and her show.

But time moves on.  As you said, she moved on from Bellgab, and I decided to move on from MITD.  Eventually I figured that if she does not want to look back, and she cannot be bothered to come here then I really cannot be bothered to care either.

I think everybody who was not upset eventually just moved on (Heather in her direction, Bellgabbers in theirs.)  Now almost the only people who care are those who still, for some reason carry a grudge.  I was not really serious about her appearing on the bellgabathon... I knew better.  (Much like I kind of figured that you and Nancy might not appear together.)

My next suggestion will be that Myke and Danyel team up again, or that Amy (or even Hoaggie) makes a guest appearance.  So many impossible dreams to dream.  ;)

heater

...even have Art's private cell phone number. (psst...that's a secret, though).  :)

I'm in that club too!! :p

Quote from: RoseGirl on April 01, 2017, 03:26:27 PM
Hard to believe when they are so silent. Much of BG seems to be about trashing the talent.

It's just sad. All of BellGab could have come along for the ride, if they had wanted. Oh well. It's a big internet.

Hey look, it's the miserable cunt MV told us about.

heater

Quote from: WOTR on April 01, 2017, 04:04:20 PM
A little piece of truth.

I know right from the start there were a number of people who were not upset (yes, lots were.)  I know that for a very long time I said that I would continue to support her and her show.

But time moves on.  As you said, she moved on from Bellgab, and I decided to move on from MITD.  Eventually I figured that if she does not want to look back, and she cannot be bothered to come here that I really cannot be bothered to care either.

I think everybody who was not upset eventually just moved on (Heather in her direction, Bellgabbers in theirs.)  Now almost the only people who care are those who still, for some reason carry a grudge.  I was not really serious about her appearing on the bellgabathon... I knew better.  (Much like I kind of figured that you and Nancy might not appear together.)

My next suggestion will be that Myke and Danyel team up again, or that Amy (or even Hoaggie) makes a guest appearance.  So many impossible dreams to dream.  ;)

When asked for comment Amy said and I fake quote "I got nothing".  Amy should either host a segment or record a message!!

RoseGirl

Quote from: themudking on April 01, 2017, 04:06:47 PM
I'm in that club too!! :p

Whoa! How kewl is that? High five me, bro!

:D

RoseGirl

Quote from: Mister Ratty Patty on April 01, 2017, 04:07:18 PM
Hey look, it's the miserable cunt MV told us about.

Oh, hi MV. How ya doin?

RoseGirl

Quote from: WOTR on April 01, 2017, 04:04:20 PM
A little piece of truth.

But time moves on.  As you said, she moved on from Bellgab, and I decided to move on from MITD.  Eventually I figured that if she does not want to look back, and she cannot be bothered to come here then I really cannot be bothered to care either.

Very true, WOTR...very true. Maybe in the future something will change, you never know. But until then 'meh'.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: RoseGirl on April 01, 2017, 04:11:41 PM
Oh, hi MV. How ya doin?

i'm happy to point out what a cunt you are from my main account.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Σ> on April 01, 2017, 05:14:29 PM
i'm happy to point out what a cunt you are from my main account.

You sitting on the fence again?

Lilith

Things are happened! Time slots to host a mini gabcast of your own during the BellGabathon are going to start filling up fast so I recommend you claim your spot now.  The panel discussion may turn out to be a dud but the segment hosting is a winner.

So keeping that in mind here are some people I haven't heard that they want a segment but the show needs to have on:

bateman

brig

Damon

I'd like for you three to organize people to host with you and select a 30 minute segment of your own.

For anyone else that is interest in the idea of hosting a show / podcast in the future this is a great chance to test the waters as an organizer or co host with no technical requirements as I'll be running everything and you just show up and talk.  For BellGab!

I promise to call in if things start getting too nice muddy.  :-*

damon

Things are happened! Time slots to host a mini gabcast of your own during the BellGabathon are going to start filling up fast so I recommend you claim your spot now.  The panel discussion may turn out to be a dud but the segment hosting is a winner.

So keeping that in mind here are some people I haven't heard that they want a segment but the show needs to have on:

bateman

brig

Damon

I'd like for you three to organize people to host with you and select a 30 minute segment of your own.

For anyone else that is interest in the idea of hosting a show / podcast in the future this is a great chance to test the waters as an organizer or co host with no technical requirements as I'll be running everything and you just show up and talk.  For BellGab!
I will call in and do my part as a co host too.

Jackstar

Quote from: RoseGirl on March 30, 2017, 10:52:52 PM
I am, however, quite content to remain invisible.

It's in my contract to make five posts in a row when called upon to do so, so I'm just gonna post this here.

whoozit

I speak with Heather quite regularly and I do....ahem...even have Art's private cell phone number. (psst...that's a secret, though).  :)
I have heard of name dropping but never number dropping.  You did both in one sentence, impressive.  Now I wish I was important.  :'(