• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jason Callan Live and in Living Color on YouTube.

Started by damon, February 01, 2017, 12:10:49 PM

jason.callan

Quote from: Chefist on February 06, 2017, 07:05:31 PM
I think they did a great job considering the budget and tech at the time. It was far more advanced than previous wolf movies...those basically just had a guy in a mask.

I did too & then one year later Rick Baker won an Oscar for his transformation scene make up in an American werewolf in London.

chefist

Quote from: Jason Callan on February 06, 2017, 07:09:33 PM
I did too & then one year later Rick Baker won an Oscar for his transformation scene make up in an American werewolf in London.

Yea, that set the standard for a full body view of the creature, and it actually walking and attacking. AWL used a quadruped concept, which was unique at the time.

1981 was the year for werewolf movies.  The Howling, American Werewolf in London, and Wolfen.  I suppose you could say Wolfen wasn't a true werewolf movie, but it was close enough.

jason.callan

Quote from: Chefist on February 06, 2017, 07:05:31 PM
I think they did a great job considering the budget and tech at the time. It was far more advanced than previous wolf movies...those basically just had a guy in a mask.

I also enjoyed the humor Joe Dante added as well.

I found the trailer for it too.

https://youtu.be/6KYvJSdpBlQ

jason.callan

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on February 06, 2017, 07:30:31 PM
1981 was the year for werewolf movies.  The Howling, American Werewolf in London, and Wolfen.  I suppose you could say Wolfen wasn't a true werewolf movie, but it was close enough.

I loved all those.

I found the trailer for the howling.

Quote from: Jason Callan on February 06, 2017, 07:32:37 PM
I loved all those.

I found the trailer for the howling.

So did I.  It was a great time for movies.  It was a great time to be a kid. 

chefist

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on February 06, 2017, 07:30:31 PM

I actually never watched, "Wolfen". I just read the plot on Wiki. Shapeshifters...interesting.

Quote from: Chefist on February 06, 2017, 07:39:50 PM
I actually never watched, "Wolfen". I just read the plot on Wiki. Shapeshifters...interesting.

Yeah, Native American shapeshifters/environmental issues...it may be time to find these movies and re-watch, I remember Wolfen as being fairly creepy.

jason.callan

Quote from: Chefist on February 06, 2017, 07:39:50 PM

Dude Wolfen is awesome. I think you will really like it. Siskell & Ebert even liked it & they hate horror movies...lol

jason.callan

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on February 06, 2017, 07:43:52 PM
Yeah, Native American shapeshifters/environmental issues...it may be time to find these movies and re-watch, I remember Wolfen as being fairly creepy.

it was awesome

Another one that came out in that timeframe was Altered States...that was another freaky film.

Quote from: Jason Callan on February 06, 2017, 07:44:34 PM
it was awesome

Yes, it was good.  Albert Finney, Gregory hines, Edward James Olmos, Diane Venora (who played the tough Russian chick in the Jackal), and Tom Noonan....

jason.callan

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on February 06, 2017, 07:43:52 PM

There is also a movie called Bad Moon which is also very good.

Ciardelo

OK, I'm sold. Where do I send you your due grift Jason?

Quote from: Jason Callan on February 06, 2017, 07:54:29 PM
check out a movie called Bad Moon as well.

I hadn't heard of that one..will check it out.  Thanks.

chefist

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on February 06, 2017, 07:49:19 PM
Yes, it was good.  Albert Finney, Gregory hines, Edward James Olmos, Diane Venora (who played the tough Russian chick in the Jackal), and Tom Noonan....

As soon as I saw Tom Noonan in the cast, I was intrigued. He played the best film adaptation of Francis Dolarhyde of "Red Dragon" from Thomas Harris' book. The movie was "Manhunter" from 1986. He blew away Ralph Fiennes pathetic attempt.

Also, William Peterson played Will Graham...and he totally out acted Ed Norton IMO. Funny, Hugh Dancy practiced at copying William Peterson's voice and character for the TV show. He sounds almost exactly like William Peterson.

jason.callan

Quote from: Chefist on February 06, 2017, 08:01:11 PM
As soon as I saw Tom Noonan in the cast, I was intrigued. He played the best film adaptation of Francis Dolarhyde of "Red Dragon" from Thomas Harris' book. The movie was "Manhunter" from 1986. He blew away Ralph Fiennes pathetic attempt.

Also, William Peterson played Will Graham...and he totally out acted Ed Norton IMO. Funny, Hugh Dancy practiced at copying William Peterson's voice and character for the TV show. He sounds almost exactly like William Peterson.
tom noonan is great

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 05, 2017, 07:07:07 AM
This is an ad I got here on this thread

Have you got any meetings with prospective wives sorted out?  8)

Quote from: Chefist on February 06, 2017, 08:01:11 PM

Couldn't agree more.  I loved Manhunter, the more stylized/Miami Vice-ed version of Red Dragon.  Brian Cox was a decent HL too.  Yeah, Peterson was great, was good in To Live and Die in L.A. too.

chefist

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on February 06, 2017, 08:12:06 PM
Couldn't agree more.  I loved Manhunter, the more stylized/Miami Vice-ed version of Red Dragon.  Brian Cox was a decent HL too.  Yeah, Peterson was great, was good in To Live and Die in L.A. too.

Oh, wow...that's right. I haven't seen that movie in forever. I'm going to watch it again.

jason.callan

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on February 06, 2017, 08:12:06 PM

live & Die in la is a classic

Quote from: Jason Callan on February 06, 2017, 08:17:16 PM
live & Die in la is a classic

Truly.  Dang you guys, I'll be watching 80's movies and living in the past!  Haha!  Oh well, like I said, a great time for movies..everything was so slick, so stylish.  I just watched the Miami Vice two-part, The Prodigal Son a couple weeks ago.  Still love it thirty plus years later. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jason Callan on February 06, 2017, 08:32:49 PM
https://youtu.be/fQ2OE_Vodgw

I really wanted that to be that the soundtrack of a film I watched in the late eighties but can't remember the title. TG was played all the way through. It isn't Wavelength, but I think it was si fi. I'll have your babies if you can conjour up a suggestion or three.