• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

RELIGION Thread

Started by theONE, October 25, 2016, 03:51:49 AM

Quote from: onan on November 03, 2016, 01:18:24 PM
There was quite a bit of controversy over the photograph. The critics questioned why the photographer didn't save the child immediately by chasing the vulture away. the obvious answer was the picture needed to be taken to show starvation in an impoverished world with enough impact, to perhaps help more than just one child. After getting the picture, the photographer did chase the vulture away. The child's parents were some distance away getting food from a rescue plane.

The photographer committed suicide month after this picture was taken... YAY god.

Zowie!  I must have seen that pic a million trillion times but didn't know all that was behind it.  The photographer committed suicide?  Damn!

Donald Noory

Quote from: albrecht on November 03, 2016, 01:18:06 PM
That you shouldn't have children you cannot take care of? That abortion and contraception should be legal? That Africa will always be screwed up no matter how much money you throw at it? That evil white people caused Africa to be screwed by colonialism, capitalism, racism, etc? That a Muslim hordes invading Africa should save, and enslave, her? That it is important to not have corrupt governments? That some Chinese mining firm should hire her to work in the mines? The "warming" caused by my truck wrecked the environment there? Who knows.....but it sucks.

Why don't you blame the worthless fucks from the church who tell people not to use contraception?

Quote from: Donald Noory on November 03, 2016, 01:26:09 PM
Why don't you blame the worthless fucks from the church who tell people not to use contraception?

Dominus vobiscum...don't know what that means?  Come with me to the wood shed and I'll teach you...er,  my son.

Donald Noory

Oh, so it must be God who gives those poor kids cancer, the ones I see on the St. Jude Children's Hospital commercials.

Quote from: Donald Noory on November 03, 2016, 01:30:36 PM

Oh, so it must be God who gives those poor kids cancer, the ones I see on the St. Jude Children's Hospital commercials.

I can explain that, my son...another convenient built in fail safe, should you question anything pertaining to a tried and true belief system.  Here goes;  God does not want those little kids to die, he wants them all to have eternal life...but it can't be here because this earth is not salvageable, therefore, we all must  must die, by way of a new covenant,  a physical death according to the laws and bylaws of biology which God created, so on and so forth, and NO man knows the hour, so on and so forth, e pluribus unum, and dominus vobiscum to all you poor dumb saps out there...see you in church...don't forget to bring your lose change. 

Donald Noory

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on November 03, 2016, 01:40:14 PM
I can explain that, my son...another convenient built in fail safe, should you question anything pertaining to a tried and true belief system.  Here goes;  God does not want those little kids to die, he wants them all to have eternal life...but it can't be here because this earth is not salvageable, therefore, we all must  must die a physical death according to the laws and bylaws of biology which God created, so on and so forth, and NO man knows the hour, so on and so forth, e pluribus unum, and dominus vobiscum to all you poor dumb saps out there...see you in church...don't forget to bring your lose change.

Yeah, and if you're a Jehovah's Witness, you'll get to play with lions and tigers after the tribulation. Guess they'll be using those pointed teeth to eat greenery.

Quote from: Donald Noory on November 03, 2016, 01:46:42 PM
Yeah, and if you're a Jehovah's Witness, you'll get to play with lions and tigers after the tribulation. Guess they'll be using those pointed teeth to eat greenery.

Well, the JW's are a little more thorough than your average thumper, but even they too stand by the whole "mysterious ways" answer especially when explaining how the carnivora shall be satiated after the great goings on, so on and so forth. 

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 03, 2016, 09:04:58 AM
My atheist horse is a glossy thoroughbred, and will canter to the finish line serenely while you're holding your sides and wheezing like an elderly walrus with pneumonia. The reason I don't care for the word 'atheist' is that I don't feel obliged to define myself according to whatever made-up entity some bunch of people are fat-headed enough to believe in. I don't believe in unicorns either, but I don't think I ought to have a special name for my unbelief in them. The chances of God existing are on about the same level of probability as a Yorkshireman buying a round of drinks, and I act accordingly. Also, the word 'atheist' has an unattractive sibilant quality that allows people to hiss it at you, and it jars my sensitive nature.

I was talking about metaphysics rather than mysticism before, in the Kantian sense, dontcha know. There are simply some things that we can't know, and won't know, that's all, but it doesn't mean that I am talking about a realm of the quasi-paranormal. You can study a Bach fugue all you want on the page, but there is something in performance that eludes all description or musicological analysis. If you think that's 'divine', fair enough, but it evinces a lack of imagination. The same is true for most aesthetic experiences I can think of. Likewise meditation - it can put you on a another level of awareness, but the experience remains firmly rooted in the sublunary sphere.

I don't think I need fear a clerical debagging. I'm a bit too old for one thing. I think you must have let your riper fantasies stray a bit too far. I know you are a regular subscriber to 'Choirboy Chronicles', indolently flipping through each issue on your paintpeeling porch clad in nothing but a sequinned posing pouch and a feather boa, so no doubt the association of ideas was too strong for you to resist.

You're just a culinary god-botherer. A canary-fancying, mimsyish stick insect, who secretly realises that religion is all a big put-up job but doesn't have the nerve to admit it. Your view of religion amounts to nothing more than the salt in the stew. Time to go on a low-sodium diet.

"That's all", again, as after "Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent", as though you would sum up the topic on which men have scribbled away furiously since history began?  You will never make a poet, dear.  I think that just because you can not write a poem with feet that don't fright on subjects numinous, the corpus voluminous suggests that you might just be trite.

I'm surprised you didn't throw in spiritual not religious in that cliché-ridden fashionable pose.  Thou appear'st as Aesop's crow, bedecked with others' feathers!  When you guys whip all that stuff up into something coherent I can pop into when I need a quick fix, lemme know and I'll give it a whirl.  Maybe let it age a bit first, like a millennium or two, just to get the bugs out, and develop a nice patina.  In the meantime, I'll go back to singing about the little town of Bethlehem with a sweet, sweet smile.

Yep, once you jump off that horse and acknowledge the numinous (like the rest of your absurd modern semantics, it's just a way of saying that spooky God-feeling), you have to find a way to cut people like me out of the rest of Christianity for convenience -- we're too reasonable to fit your image, too uncomfortably like you in the way we approach the transcendent, and you'd rather keep harrying the stupid for sport.  It's an intellectually dishonest distinction that would bisect parishes, pews and cloisters, now and back through time.  All because we are intellectually curious and agile enough to interpret multiple meanings and figurative language that wouldn't baffle a fourth-grader and know about big-T and little-t.  Can you really be from the same race that produced those wonderful Elizabethan sonnets that manage to say two things, one gracious and classical and lovely and one very lewd, at the same time, in an acrostic?

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 03, 2016, 01:51:17 PM
"That's all", again, as after "Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent", as though you would sum up the topic on which men have scribbled away furiously since history began?  You will never make a poet, dear.  I think that just because you can not write a poem with feet that do not fright on subjects numinous, the corpus voluminous suggests that you might just be trite.

I'm surprised you didn't throw in spiritual not religious in that cliché-ridden fashionable pose.  Thou appear'st as Aesop's crow, bedecked with others' feathers!  When you guys whip all that stuff up into something coherent I can pop into when I need a quick fix, lemme know and I'll give it a whirl.  Maybe let it age a bit first, like a millennium or two, just to get the bugs out, and develop a nice patina.  In the meantime, I'll go back to singing about the little town of Bethlehem with a sweet, sweet smile.

Yep, once you jump off that horse and acknowledge the numinous (like the rest of your absurd modern semantics, it's just a way of saying that spooky God-feeling), you have to find a way to cut people like me out of the rest of Christianity for convenience -- we're too reasonable to fit your image, too uncomfortably like you in the way we approach the transcendent, and you'd rather keep harrying the stupid for sport.  It's an intellectually dishonest distinction that would bisect parishes, pews and cloisters, now and back through time.  All because we are intellectually curious and agile enough to interpret multiple meanings and figurative language that wouldn't baffle a fourth-grader and know about big-T and little-t.  Can you really be from the same race that produced those wonderful Elizabethan sonnets that manage to say two things, one gracious and classical and lovely and one very lewd, at the same time, in an acrostic?

Oh yeah, then how are the lions gonna eat grass smart guy?

K_Dubb

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on November 03, 2016, 01:52:54 PM
Oh yeah, then how are the lions gonna eat grass smart guy?

With their mouths, silly.

Donald Noory

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 03, 2016, 01:57:02 PM
With their mouths, silly.

I thought you were more into the glory of Ancient Rome. What was the name of that Emperor who took newborn babies and had them suck him off, instead of suckling their mothers? One of the most vile things I've ever heard of.

Donald Noory

Found it:

Suetonius on Tiberius' Sex Life

[44.1] He acquired a reputation for still grosser depravities that one can hardly bear to tell or be told, let alone believe. For example, he trained little boys (whom he termed tiddlersnote) to crawl between his thighs when he went swimming and tease him with their licks and nibbles. Unweaned babies he would put to his organ as though to the breast, being by both nature and age rather fond of this form of satisfaction.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Donald Noory on November 03, 2016, 02:04:52 PM
Found it:

Suetonius on Tiberius' Sex Life

[44.1] He acquired a reputation for still grosser depravities that one can hardly bear to tell or be told, let alone believe. For example, he trained little boys (whom he termed tiddlersnote) to crawl between his thighs when he went swimming and tease him with their licks and nibbles. Unweaned babies he would put to his organ as though to the breast, being by both nature and age rather fond of this form of satisfaction.

Never heard that one.  Rather I hadn't.

Donald Noory

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 03, 2016, 02:10:00 PM
Never heard that one.  Rather I hadn't.

Me too. A classics professor whose column I sometimes read mentioned it as one of the truly disgusting facts of Ancient Rome. I'm not easily shocked, but that is truly abominable.

Quote from: Donald Noory on November 03, 2016, 02:14:41 PM
Me too. A classics professor whose column I sometimes read mentioned it as one of the truly disgusting facts of Ancient Rome. I'm not easily shocked, but that is truly abominable.

Makes the perversity of Caligula and Nero seem tame in comparison.  Disgusting. 

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 03, 2016, 10:40:54 AM
Apart from being a concoction from multiple translations, starting with the original Greek before going through Hebrew, Latin and finally English, with all the inaccuracies that would involve (ever play telephone?), not to mention all the events in the New Testament being written down by unknown authors many years after these 'events' supposedly happened. People used to think Moses had horns before it was pointed out to them that it was a mistranslation from Hebrew. In other words, it's an epic fruit salad of time-wasting bollocks.

Ha I'm amazed you didn't bring this stuff up before!  Textual criticism and archaeology are where all the juicy stuff is, much better than your lame attacks on creationism which don't even manage to scratch the Factorem clause.  God had a wife!  Jews were polytheists!  The ignorant recoil in horror! Shocking to anyone who hasn't actually read the Bible, where it's pretty plain.

pate

When the election is over can the "Donald Trump" & "Hillary Clinton" threads be merged with this one?

theONE

Quote from: pate on November 03, 2016, 06:07:58 PM
When the election is over can the "Donald Trump" & "Hillary Clinton" threads be merged with this one?
pate, with all the respect..but nobody is forcing you to click on any of them, including on this thread.
I totally don't understand your point -/if there even is any/- or if you meant to be funny,.. you missed the target in my opinion

theONE

Quote from: onan on November 03, 2016, 01:07:25 PM
I wonder what is being taught here. I hope she learns her lesson.

onan, I don't know if you are being lazy or stubborn -I posted here couple of times my point of view on human suffering
and connection to reincarnation and God and our Free Will, and if you would get familiar with how reincarnation works that might give you
better perception that perhaps not all suffering is really that "bad" regardless if that is a young child or an adult...lessons are learned by young and old
the soul has no age to be limited by, our souls learn in body of an infant as well as in a body of a 100 years old.

But if you reject the concept of reincarnation and that after we die we hold "council" /on the other site/ with others who are more spiritually advanced
than we are,[they are our friends], who are helping us to "design" our next life design our next lessons to learn our next weaknesses to overcome...
to make up with those whom we hurt in previous life(s), to work on our emotional characteristics, on our personality characteristics,
there are many aspects of lessons profiles...I can not explain them here in details but if you get the basic understanding and acceptance
of the reincarnation concept and our Free Will and God allowing us to play out our games then everything will start making sense.

Only thing that we don't know what it is when comes to particular tragic happenings in our lives is that event is working out our previous lives karma 
or is that present life karma that we just created.
For example if you see someone being robed and bitten up -we don't know if that person who is doing the robbing was robbed in previous life by the
person who is being robbed right now...we don't know if that is moment when the previous life karma being resolved -or if this is new karma
being created right now by the robber...we don't have access into our SOUL RECORDS into our hard drive with every single of our thoughts
with every single of our word we spoke with every single of our actions we did /good or bad/ is recorder -same like on your computer
but your computer has limitation how much data it can store, the computer in the sky so to say has no such limitations -it stores,records
everything we think everything we say everything we do...

I'm including my past posts here so you can get familiar /if you wish/ with my views on the topic of reincarnation and God/Christianity

Quote from: theONE on October 26, 2016, 02:02:39 PM
You see, besides being familiar with Bible and teachings in it, /I mean familiar don't mean I can quote it at will/
I also believe that we do reincarnate, {but not in the forms like is believed in India into different forms of animals}
but humans to humans, I know that many Christians think that there is nothing in the Bible on the topic of reincarnation
and they will quote this: /see included screen shot/

I don't have time right now to share my reasoning and experience that made me believe that we do reincarnate,
I will share that later on.
Here is interesting read on the topic..

"Reincarnation in the Bible"
http://www.near-death.com/reincarnation/history/bible.html

...and yes, I do believe that -or- teachings on reincarnation were removed from the original Biblical composition,..
-or- they were never included in order to keep people uninformed in order to create 'vacuum of knowledge' so people are confused
and much more easy to control by organized religious disingenuous authorities...

Quote from: theONE on October 30, 2016, 04:38:43 PM
SciFi -if you consider that perhaps reincarnation is real and that our Free Will given by GOD is indeed free will to do sometimes nasty things
to others when we are angry and that there is two way we can deal with repercussions for our violent /unreasonable/ actions -one way is to ask
the person/s/ we wronged to forgive us or if they will not forgive us for whatever reason other way is to re-live same /similar to the same/ experiences
in our next life as a lesson.
As to illnesses especially in young babies,not all of them but I think lot's of them are chosen by us as a "stumbling blocks" to experience our dependance
on others to take care of us and also providing them with experience to learn /or to return favour from previous lives/ how to take care of sick person.

There is few variations on "why and how come this way or that way" things are happening in our lives,
and why "bad things happen to good people" -but starting point is that if God didn't give us free will to do evil things we would be
programmed to do only good things,..there would be no free will to choose.

For now this Planet is under this structure, so humanity each one of us can choose what we like to be who we like to follow,
but there is time coming that this will change with second return of Jesus Christ.

"Book of Revelation" I highly recommend for you /and for others of course/ to read-to study, even if you are not a believer in God of The Bible,
just read it as a scientific futuristic book, it's full of very interesting informations what is awaiting humanity and what is awaiting our Planet
before and after second coming of Jesus Christ.
Or better yet get one of those audio versions of Book of Revelation to listen too.

Just ignore the things in it that right now irritate you about God about Jesus Christ, just get familiar with the concepts and changes
that are described there,..and see if that it something that you would like to participate in it or reject -as you have Free Will to do so.
OK, there is one catch there I must tell you right now,
yes you have free will to reject what God has in the future for those who decide to follow Him and He will honor your free will choice,
but there are consequences /as with every decision that we make in life -- so nothing new or tricky here/

Just give a try ,if some sections are boring you just skip to the one's that look interesting, and you might decide to come back to the one's
that you skipped later on.

You SciFi as an author of this genre /scientific/ would be surprised how many interesting concepts are described in the "Book of Revelation"

This is very nicely done audio Bible with Book of Revelation at the end of it:

Quote from: theONE on October 30, 2016, 06:48:42 PM
If you get familiar with correct concepts of reincarnation, and incorporate that into Biblical stories into "how God works"
everything will fall into logical sense why God is allowing all that suffering and wars and polluting of Planet,etc-etc, that we have
going on on this Planet and that WE ourselves contribute to it as well, some of us in bigger others in smaller ways.

By reading massive amounts of stories of people recalling past lives /especially by children who with perfect accuracy can point to locations
that they never visited, name names, etc-etc/ you have to give it serious consideration,..and reject the false doctrine
propagated by 'the church' that reincarnation is Devil's idea.
Devil's idea was in my opinion to remove it from -or not to include it- in the collection of Biblical teachings in order to prevent masses from
properly understand how "things work"

With understanding that reincarnation is a real event you can begin to understand the information given in the Bible that everything
in human history has it's designated time period to play out,..like a play in the theatre same with this period of wars and social disfunction
eventually this period this play will end, show will be finished, actors will play out their roles and new play will begin,..
play with different script where some of the previous actors will return but with different attributes,
they will be changed -but changed not by being forced to change but changed by their own free will, changed not to be violent any more,
changed to follow God Laws that are fair=just and good and beneficial for humans.

And that change is lasting change ,change that was not imposed by a tyrannical God but change that some humans decided to make
with free will choice in their hearts based on experiencing all this tragic violent society /and as stated before contributing to it/ --
but not all humans will make that change ,there will be those of you who will still be stubborn in your minds and in your hearts
and decide to continue to serve HIM the deceiver and liar the Satan

And that is your free will to do so, you see how smart and generous Almighty GOD is -He is not forcing you to Love him, He gives you free will
to Love Him or to reject Him.
That brain that He/God created and is inside of your scull right now reading this, He allow for you to use it to love Him or to hate Him,
to accept Him or to reject Him --isn't that very fair deal-- He could create us as a obedient robotic humans with pre-programmed
love and obedience towards Him but that would not be real Love towards Him, that would be 'computer software program' Love

Real Love towards God is only when we have free will to Love Him or to Reject Him and when we choose of our free will to Love Him
and to follow His Laws His manual, same as car maker gives us manual how to drive and care for our cars...
same God He give us manual how to live our lives but as same as with cars we have free will to ignore the manual and not to change oil,
not to do repairs, don't drive over glass and nails..etc-etc when is required/suggested by car maker
same with God's manual we have free will to reject it,.. but same as with cars there will be consequences to our ignoring/rejecting
care repair manual suggestions -- same with God and rejecting His manual, there are consequences -- very fair deal in my opinion...

onan

Quote from: theONE on November 03, 2016, 08:18:30 PM
onan, I don't know if you are being lazy or stubborn ...

... God/Christianity

You can believe whatever you choose. Reincarnation is bullshit too.

theONE

Quote from: lucifer bell on November 03, 2016, 11:48:19 AM

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Well I'M acknowledging your existence Satan and I understand your purpose in our lives and I know that you can only do things to people
what Almighty God Jesus Christ Holy Spirit will allow you to do , like in Book of JOB.
And that you are presenting us with temptations and is up to us to take them or to refuse them.

One movie that portrays you Satan/Devil very well is "Devils Advocate" with Al Pacino and Keanu Reeves
phenomenal performances by ALL actors in that movie,..but Al Pacino did superb work, listen to his monologues how the Devil works
in our lives, I re-watch that movie every year in fall time /will do that in few days/ -that movie has so much to teach

For those who never watched that movie I highly recommend it -those who watched long time ago -do it again to refresh :)
Very valuable movie to watch...

[attachment deleted by admin]

theONE

Quote from: onan on November 03, 2016, 08:21:05 PM
You can believe whatever you choose. Reincarnation is bullshit too.

glad that you have all figured out, and how that closed minded attitude served you so far?? , hmmm
I hope you are content...and have no reason or desire to expand your understanding how things work in life...

theONE

Quote from: albrecht on November 03, 2016, 01:18:06 PM
That you shouldn't have children you cannot take care of? That abortion and contraception should be legal? That Africa will always be screwed up no matter how much money you throw at it? That evil white people caused Africa to be screwed by colonialism, capitalism, racism, etc? That a Muslim hordes invading Africa should save, and enslave, her? That it is important to not have corrupt governments? That some Chinese mining firm should hire her to work in the mines? The "warming" caused by my truck wrecked the environment there? Who knows.....but it sucks.

also from my point of viewing things with perception that reincarnation is real -could be possible that those countries in Africa /and other places/
people who chose to be born there are working out karmic lessons -and one of them could be worshiping false gods and that's the reason that
they /and their land mass/ is no so blessed by the real God, I don't know that for sure but makes sense to me...

theONE

Quote from: Donald Noory on November 03, 2016, 01:26:09 PM

that is also valid point , wow you can make valid contributions as well DN -Praise The LORD !!! :)  , LOL

Donald Noory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUs_VuJJTuk

D One, did you attend special bible study classes back at Ted Haggard's hotel room?

theONE

Quote from: Donald Noory on November 03, 2016, 09:08:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUs_VuJJTuk

D One, did you attend special bible study classes back at Ted Haggard's hotel room?

no I stayed away from your corruped friends ,lol

Donald Noory

Quote from: theONE on November 03, 2016, 10:19:25 PM
no I stayed away from your corruped friends ,lol

I think Ted taught you special Bible lessons. And you liked it.