• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

be "ready to fight [North Korea] tonight,"

Started by albrecht, October 08, 2016, 10:02:14 AM

ZaZa

Quote from: albrecht on July 31, 2017, 10:06:02 PM
Never had it but laugh how tequila, mescal, and now- the latest sotol- is being promoted as good booze when most of it used to be bought for nothing a gallon from Indios etc. Having said that- there is a BIG difference between the caramalized product mass produced by a certain mfg known for certain country songs and Spring Break high-jinxs and these new higher end tequilas (and even, more surprisingly mezcal and sotol.)  Still, I would say, not worth their price- especially when simply due to good marketing and a Hollywood name. (Good for him though, sold the brand for a billion to Diageo I hear!) He also left his Italian estate for England (due to "refugees") and then left the UK (due to Muslim fears and "safety")- and is now back in the USA. He feared the "refugees" and "threats." Good Hollywood leftist when it hits a bit too close to home gated estates.
You are making valid points about his political 'moves'
But I bought a bottle few weeks ago and was thinking it is only the name that calls for high price, but boy was I surprised how smooth it was.
I wrote about it in this thread:
http://bellgab.com/random-topics/real-food-fake-food/new/#top

I mean same thing as with other spirits that are made with more attention to quality.
With wines /for me/ after second glass the 'greatness' of it is gone, first two glasses yes, but after that somehow quickly diminishes,
much quicker than with hard spirits.

albrecht

Quote from: Happier Times are coming ! on July 31, 2017, 10:15:18 PM
aguardiente..:
Mexican "bootlegged moonshine"....
My experience was that was cane made, not from any type of cacti. More popular in wetter areas or places like Brasil. But, yes, ive had that also. Bad stuff, in my opinion. Lotsa fusels or -something- an almost rum-taste but more bite but, like rum, worse for hangovers than more clear booze. (If one indulges.)

albrecht

Quote from: lucifer~bell on July 31, 2017, 10:21:23 PM
You are making valid points about his political 'moves'
But I bought a bottle few weeks ago and was thinking it is only the name that calls for high price, but boy was I surprised how smooth it was.
I wrote about it in this thread:
http://bellgab.com/random-topics/real-food-fake-food/new/#top

I mean same thing as with other spirits that are made with more attention to quality.
With wines /for me/ after second glass the 'greatness' of it is gone, first two glasses yes, but after that somehow quickly diminishes,
much quicker than with hard spirits.
Yeah. Good point. I guess some would say pallete Is ruined etc for wine, esp If eating different things, smoking, or swilling. Ha. It IS surprising how a good tequila (or even wine if used to house stuff) can surprise. I think esp with takillya because for much of history the market/branding had been a certain mass-produced highly carmalized brand. Having said that...I still question booze when marketing or tastes change. Note: many midrange (some even higher) stuff is mass made. You can "make your mash requirements" and yuuge places will distill and bottle. In some ways, great (good product) but dont fool customer that ol' uncle is down at the still firing wood etc. Or that law (for vodka) 'grain NEUTRAL spirits' means you gotta charge $$$ for NEUTRAL SPIRITS. A waste of money, esp if mixed in a drink.

Kidnostad3

NK aquiring a submarine launched missile capability is probably the most serious development since its first nuclear detonation. The necessary first step was to develop a solid propellant rocket engine.  Actually launching a missile from a submerged platform is a big deal. There's no way that NK has progressed this far without the help of China or Russia or both. 

http://www.newsweek.com/north-koreas-unprecedented-submarine-activity-warns-pyongyangs-underwater-644628

Up All Night

Quote from: chefist on July 31, 2017, 07:32:12 PM
Just throwing this out there...we are 50 years ahead in tech to the NORKS. What might we have to defend ourselves that is not in the news? Especially given we are on an alien/conspiracy type website? lol

This weapon is still under development:

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on August 01, 2017, 06:02:37 PM
Now called "unfounded."
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/virginia/articles/2017-07-31/navy-diver-in-scuba-gear-spotted-off-largest-base

At first I thought it might be a Zulu 5 Oscar dril gone wrongl which is an attempt by SEALS to board a moored/anchored ship by various means, take hostages and gain control of key spaces.  After reading further, it was clear that it wasn't in that a hell of a lot of expensive resources were expended to investigate whatever it was. 

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on August 01, 2017, 07:35:17 PM

At first I thought it might be a Zulu 5 Oscar dril gone wrongl which is an attempt by SEALS to board a moored/anchored ship by various means, take hostages and gain control of key spaces.  After reading further, it was clear that it wasn't in that a hell of a lot of expensive resources were expended to investigate whatever it was.
I think we should be doing much more of those types of operations even if/when they embarrass brass, staff, politicians, or contractors. Even the BASIC stuff, like when they do TSA audits, they find that they hardly catch anything. I recall some old woman nun managed to 'sneak' (basically walk) into some nuclear facility for a protest (I forget her name but she got some hard time but later set free.) We need to keep people on their toes. Then again we have to be careful and the 'tests' need to be run well so that 'some are in the know' so worse mistakes aren't made or our own people injured, etc.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on August 01, 2017, 08:11:56 PM
I think we should be doing much more of those types of operations even if/when they embarrass brass, staff, politicians, or contractors. Even the BASIC stuff, like when they do TSA audits, they find that they hardly catch anything. I recall some old woman nun managed to 'sneak' (basically walk) into some nuclear facility for a protest (I forget her name but she got some hard time but later set free.) We need to keep people on their toes. Then again we have to be careful and the 'tests' need to be run well so that 'some are in the know' so worse mistakes aren't made or our own people injured, etc.

There is always someone in the know when these drills are run and there  are even safeguards against anyone getting shot by a trigger happy watchstander.  It's always embarrassing when two or more SEALS are found sitting around in the wardroom drinking coffee with a half dozen or so members of  the ship's company wearing signs that say I'm dead or I'm a hostage.  They do sometimes get detected and taken prisoner or a Mexican standoff develops which always makes the skipper happy.

Up All Night

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on July 31, 2017, 07:53:20 PM
QuoteQuote from: Cheesy McSqueezy on Yesterday at 08:44:59 PM

We don't have to keep venturing out.  Our enemies will make themselves known, for they have a suicidal bent to their twisted beliefs.  Then we smoke the fuckers.

More constructive way?  What?  Should we beef up our construction battalions and send them abroad to build schools, water purification stations, soup kitchens?  Only if somebody else is paying for it.  I'm done with the idea of carrying the world on the back of the American taxpayer and risking her son's and daughters for bullshit causes.

Well put and my sentiments exactly.

Ditto

Up All Night

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on August 01, 2017, 05:57:26 PM
NK aquiring a submarine launched missile capability is probably the most serious development since its first nuclear detonation. The necessary first step was to develop a solid propellant rocket engine.  Actually launching a missile from a submerged platform is a big deal. There's no way that NK has progressed this far without the help of China or Russia or both. 

http://www.newsweek.com/north-koreas-unprecedented-submarine-activity-warns-pyongyangs-underwater-644628

That's okay we have, an answer for that:

Up All Night

http://abcnews.go.com/International/north-korea-promises-thousands-fold-revenge-us-sanctions/story?id=49073966

Okay, now it's time for the President to dust off GHW Bush's Thousand Points of Light speech, and revamp it toward NK: A 1,000 points of light from 1,000 cruise missiles and other ordinance...

ZaZa

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on August 01, 2017, 05:57:26 PM

...how about also US actually ??

Bomar

Dudes and Dudettes,...

You got to listen to "Susan Lindauer", an ex-CIA Asset...

I heard her on another show, from Jul 26, 2017...

Susan Lindauer joins us to discuss her investigation into missing trillions of dollars and everything leads back to the Hilary Clinton & her crime cartel.

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D65WIapeMHA  ...

Enjoy...

Bomar

Gd5150

So a new report claims that NKorea has nukes. Amazing just as they supposedly developed a misile that'll reach the US they now magically have as many as 60 nukes including one that'll fit into a missile. All of this has come to light in the last month. Something is fishy with all of this. We've known they've been attempting to develop nukes with the help of Democrats for a 1/4 of a century. And now walla, they've all been accomplished within a month. That's an amazing pipeline that NK could have everything completed at the same time. 🤔

I  hope not but North Korea doesn't seem to be responding to pressure from the Chinese and Russians.  In fact, Kim seem to be itching for war.

GravitySucks

I am concerned about reports that they have been able to make the warheads smaller. Not because they would choose to launch one, but because it would be easier to export to someone that would detonate it in the mother of all truck bombs.

paladin1991

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 08, 2017, 01:27:15 PM
I  hope not but North Korea doesn't seem to be responding to pressure from the Chinese and Russians.  In fact, Kim seem to be itching for war.

Looking to set off an EMP over the US.  Start prepping.

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 08, 2017, 02:12:06 PM
I am concerned about reports that they have been able to make the warheads smaller. Not because they would choose to launch one, but because it would be easier to export to someone that would detonate it in the mother of all truck bombs.

Very disturbing indeed.  Thank God the proper material is rather scarce

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 08, 2017, 02:12:06 PM

They could launch one..And hit Australia, Japan, SK, Guam.

Up All Night

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 08, 2017, 05:47:33 PM
"Fire and fury'

Donald J Trump. ::)

A Thousand points of light in NK from a 1,000 arriving "gifts" from the United States.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Up All Night on August 08, 2017, 07:29:02 PM
A Thousand points of light in NK from a 1,000 arriving "gifts" from the United States.

Trump: "Any more threats and there will be fire and fury"

NK: "We'll strike Guam"

Your move Donald...

And to imagine it will be only Guam and NK is wishful thinking at best, and idiocy at worst. It will be catastrophic. If this escalates any more with the two most immature idiotic rulers in history (Including Nero and Caligula) it will all be over. Trump has to be removed from the equation and let the grown ups get on the diplomacy phone. Being antagonistic has got us to here, that worked didn't it?  ???

Dr. MD MD

The way it's being sold on the news I still think it's probably a ruse being used to bring the next phase of the police state in where we all agree to sacrifice even more of our freedom for security. I'd say I hope I'm wrong but that would mean actual nuclear war.  ::)

P.S. Can we all start pronouncing that word properly already? It's pronounced new-clear not nu-cu-lar. I'm getting tired of seeing people on TV getting paid a fuckton of money to mispronounce this like Homer Simpson.  ::)