• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Lets play Paranormal vs. round 1 UFOs Vs Ghosts

Started by henge0stone, October 04, 2016, 05:36:34 PM

henge0stone

Vote and we'll count up the total when the thread dies

I thought hard about this one and although I love EVP and Ghost to ghost shows but, overall I think UFOs are more interesting, a lot for sci fi kooks associated with UFOs make it more fun. Ancient Aliens is another thing that pushes UFOs over the edge for me. Connecting ancient sites and gods with spacemen is just good fun. I think Long John Nebel shows also made UFOs (or flying saucers as he loved to call them) more interesting to me. And who could forget weeber and other crazy abduction stories?

1st vote for UFOs

At least with ghost stories you have different experiences in different places.  UFO shows are more or less about 5 or 6 events that have happened over the last 100 years.  Roswell being at the top of the list.  I'm interested in the abductee stories but other than that, I really don't need to here anything else about Roswell until the government fesses up.   Supernatural stories are usually pretty good coming from the person who experienced the phenomenon.  Sure there are duds now and then but at least the stories are never the same.  To me, ghosts represent something that we will all have to come to terms with.  Our deaths and what happens afterward.  Due to that alone, I give the nod to ghosts.

Ghost 1
UFO's 1

Unidentified Flying Objects all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ghosts are soooo pathetic.   Creeping around in the basement of some  run down Leprosorium, waiting, waiting, waiting. Finally some goober shows up and you appear as a murky shadow on video cam and a "Mugwumpf" EVP on a voice recorder.

UFO's beat ass!   Consider: 

Braving the challenges of deep space to cross light years of distance. Finally arriving at the Planet Earth you
can now take care of serious business!   You head to a small, cozy cabin in the wilds of New York on a Winter's night.
There you find your target - one Louis Whitley Strieber - curled up in his bed.   Time to complete the mission.
How to turn an up and coming, young, successful author into a laughing stock crank,  who will never again
equal the success of a promising writing career?  Hmmmmm............  Eureka!  You abduct the slumbering scribe
from the warmth of his  home away from home. You take him deep into the woods and unleash a vicious anal assault.   

Strieber will never be the same.   Mission accomplished. You head for home. 

Slam dunk for the UFO's

Lord Grantham

Ghosts. You'd be surprised how many people will tell you their own ghost stories under the right circumstances.

UFO's are just misidentified aircraft, astronomical bodies, satellites, etc. Alien abductions are just sleep paralysis.

All 3 interest me, depending on the actual story and slant. But my absolute very favorite involve UFOs, especially when abduction is involved. I've had personal experiences with all 3 but it's still a very intense UFO abduction story that gets me every time. Although I will admit that I'm sick of all the worn out Roswell, Kenneth Arnold and the like stories that have been rehashed over and over to death.

UFOs 1

henge0stone

okay tally so far

UFOs - 5
Ghosts - 2

For me there is just so much more you can do with UFOs. There's the abduction connection, the Ancient Alien connection the Government conspiracy thing, UFO bases on other planets. Aside from EVPs ghosts are just meh unless they have cool history connected to them and then its more of the history that's interesting more so than the ghost part. I do think ghosts are probably more plausible than UFOs though but that's not the issue here  ;)

trostol

ghostly UFO's

actually not big on either..Cryptids!!!!

henge0stone

Quote from: trostol on October 05, 2016, 02:10:12 AM
ghostly UFO's

actually not big on either..Cryptids!!!!

I was thinking of saving Cryptids for round 2 or 3  ;)

Damn good question.

My 85 year-old mother experienced, what could only be explained as, a "ghostly encounter" as a very young woman, of which, even to this day, she is terribly reluctant to discuss.

On the other hand, my family and I have witnessed a real, down-to-earth, by-gosh, UFO.

I`m curious about both. I`m open-minded, but still skeptical. Therefore I vote for BOTH.

Taco Bell

Ghosts.
While I personally know of only 2 people that have seen weird stuff in the night sky, I have yet to experience it myself. What could be described as ghosts or ghostly activity though, it's happened to me more than a handful of times, my dad's side of the family has had some weird encounters in one particular house as well.

henge0stone

UFO-5
Ghost- 3

sorry not counting votes for both. cool stories though.